News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

History of my car

Started by thysonsacclaim, 06 March 2011, 07:25 PM

thysonsacclaim

So far, I have just the data card. I am waiting for the Florida State DMV to finish a complete title history, which will tell me where the car has been and who has owned it. I'd like to get in contact with former owners to find out more about it.

chassis number: 116 032 12 025876
engine number:          117 983 12 026201
transmission number:    042354
model year:             1974
exterior color code:    419 - icon gold
interior color code:    264 - brown leather
option codes:
401     single seats
466     instruments in English / central locking
491     USA version
513     Becker Europa stereo, USA
524     paintcoat preservation
531     automatic antenna
570     folding armrest
586     air conditioner / electric windows
592     heat insulated glass / heated rear pane
636     elimination of warning triangle
669     mode of packing VE I

Picture:

Stork

How did you get the information? Also where can one find the option codes?
I am in South Miami Florida, maybe we will see each other in one of the meets!
Robert

Stork

Never mind just found the link to the options codes...
Robert

KenM

Another good source of info on data cards is mbspares.com.au , if you click on information there is a section on data cards and option codes. A number of codes can be difficult to track down, plus the same code can mean different things in different years.

Cheers,

thysonsacclaim

Stork,

Get the info from MB Classics by e-mailing them. The address is classicparts@mbusa.com. Here is what I wrote to them:

QuoteDir Sir or Madame,

I am writing to request a Data Card for my 1974 Mercedes Benz 450 SE so that I may ensure parts compatibility when ordering. The Mercedes EPC does not have data cards for these older vehicles.

For your reference, the VIN number on this car is: W 116 032-12-025876. If you need any more information regarding this, please do not hesitate to let me know. Additionally, if you are unable to supply the data card, would it be possible to indicate to me where I may obtain a copy of it?

As you can see, you will need the VIN #. I did not need to supply a copy of my title. According to sources I e-mailed in Germany, you can also get it from a local authorized MB Dealer / shop.

Adam

thysonsacclaim

Also Stork,

It's possible. I haven't gone to many meets, but there are many in Daytona Beach due to the NASCAR stuff. I try to make it to the annual Turkey Rod Run, if you've heard of that. It is a huge antique/rare/race car meet up held @ Daytona International Speedway. I'm not a NASCAR fan, but it is an awesome car show.

Also, there are several smaller shows in Sanford where I work and more in Daytona. I'm sure there's similar stuff down there. Miami-Dade is massive, only been down there a few times to the Port of Miami for business.

Stork

I am thinking of heading to Sebring this year, my cousin is racing in the GT3 circuit. it is 137 miles from me so it is a good long highway run to do some testing of my 280 especially if I have the new euro headers on!
Robert

UTn_boy

Robert, since you are going to be putting euro headers on, is there any chance that you will also be putting euro pistons and matching camshafts in, too?  That makes a heck of a difference in these smogged down US cars.  AARON
1966 250se coupe`,black/dark green leather
1970 600 midnight blue/parchment leather
1971 300sel 6.3,papyrus white/dark red leather
1975 450se, pine green metallic/green leather
1973 300sel 4.5,silver blue metallic/blue leather
1979 450sel 516 red/bamboo

Stork

UTn_boy,
Hello, thanks for the info but I decided to keep her at 8.0:1. I am planing a future vintage rally life with the 280S  (1000 mile rallies) and in some places in the world one has to deal with low octane petrol. So by keeping her at 8.0:1 I resolve a bunch of issues. That and it is nice to know I can feed the cheap stuff now that prices are going up!
So at least I can have some extra HP.
Robert

Stork

Thysonsacclaim,
Thanks for the info on how to get the data card. Sent an email last night and received the data card this morning... fast! I don't want to high jack your thread so I will put it on my decoding thread.
Thanks again!
Robert