News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Hello , I'm Ray.

Started by rayngie, 19 December 2018, 08:50 PM

rayngie

hello,

just a quick intro, i'm Ray, from the Northern Beaches in Sydney, this is Alice The Camel, its a 1976 280SEL, Pretty clean rust free car, 355 mumble km's but you'd never know to look at it, the interior is very good with hardly a mark anywhere, the Leather seems to have spent its life under covers as it's pretty much unmarked, the carpets are as new, it had a one owner old bloke for most of its life so the interior is mostly unused, only the grab handle on the drivers side shows any wear.

Mechanically its in good shape, aircon needs a service, has no clunks or rattles anywhere, pulls as hard as possible given the engine size, all in all i'm very happy with it, great car to use, it comes to work with me twice a week in all weather so gets a good amount of use, essentially i just bought it due to liking it as opposed to wanting one, I'm not new to Mercedes having had a ML320 for a long time and also having a W123 that i used in this years Shitbox rally, that thing is indestructible!

anyway, thats my car.

rayngie

ive zero idea why a couple of pictures are sideways sorry, 

floyd111

Welcome Ray! (there is a "modify" click above each message you posted, so you can alter text and pics.)

Justin280s

Welcome mate.
Very nice colour combination.

Justin280s

Welcome mate.
Very nice colour combination.

#Sorry for double post

irvine

Nice 116, same km's as mine.
Any plans for it?

Neil.

rumb

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

rayngie

hello,

no great plans for it other than maintain it , its a great thing to drive and in such good condition, plus i'm not really into modifying cars, but i do think i'll put remote central locking in at some point  , and it's leather rather than MB Tex

cheers ,

polymathman

Good to see you !!(To the car)

The fellow who owns you... Welcome !!
190sl 1957 rusting away
250S 1968 long gone
280SE 1976 got hit, parts
280SE 1979 running fine
C320 4Matic 2005 for wife -Mercedes after MIT