News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Hello all!!!

Started by BJ, 22 May 2007, 03:26 PM

BJ

Quote from: oscar on 23 May 2007, 10:17 AM
Quote from: Brian Crump on 23 May 2007, 08:55 AM
BJ - 2 things;
1. LRP and ULP do not leave a pale grey tinge to the exhaust. They leave black carbon deposits.
2. 20 litres per 100 ks is not right. The motor should use a lot less - Oscar will tell you how much as he has a 350. Oscar? Oscar?
Regards,
BC

My internet connection shat itself for some reason for a couple of hours.  But it's back.

Last time I checked my fuel consumption was over a 762km round trip for 118litres = 15.59 L/100km. I was beaten by a 560sel and 6.9 believe it or not.  My timing was somewhere between TDC and 5o of retard.  I've since put it 5o advanced but haven't made another long run.  Once I had the ignition too far advance and made a 200km run from the mechanics for a 10.5-11L/100km approx but I'm doubting the accuracy.

I haven't experienced any strange noises from the fuel pump or tank.  The fuel pump comes on for less than a second and I don't know what the gurgling sound would be without guessing.

See that's 15.59l/100km on the open road? I do mostly town driving which means that I will never see that figure. Anything over 14l/100km is just too rich for my blood. Maybe someday when I have a steady job / income. My current daily driver, a 1992 Honda Ballade 150 16V does about 11l/100km in town and 7.5l/100km on the open road.

It's very sad, but it's a plain case of the numbers not adding up.  :'(

robgee

Well we did beat Australia and New Zealand in the Rugby Super 14, so it might just be the start of South African world domination!  Grin Grin Tongue

Hey BJ Welcome to the forum but you must desist with such frivolous asignations regarding Rugby we all know the best Rugby nation is Australia and sometimes we let our South African brothers win so they can feel the elation we feel every day(tongue in cheek) welcome to the forum all the best,
Regards,
Rob

BJ

Quote from: robgee on 23 May 2007, 01:01 PM
Well we did beat Australia and New Zealand in the Rugby Super 14, so it might just be the start of South African world domination!  Grin Grin Tongue

Hey BJ Welcome to the forum but you must desist with such frivolous asignations regarding Rugby we all know the best Rugby nation is Australia and sometimes we let our South African brothers win so they can feel the elation we feel every day(tongue in cheek) welcome to the forum all the best,
Regards,
Rob

Hey, you can't deny we know a few things about rugby. Cricket on the other hand...  ::)

James R

We know everything there is to know about cricket (in fact we invented it) but we're still sheeeite.
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!