News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Has an image / photo of your car ever turned up someplace unexpected?

Started by macatron, 02 June 2011, 11:09 PM

macatron

I was trying to describe to a co-worker the location of the shop I take my car to for service when I decided to Google Map it.  When I went in for street view, there was my car!  Yeah, it's the small things in life...   :D

BUT, it got me to wondering if / where images of other's cars have turned up.  I figured the most likely place would be the news but I wanted to see if other posters had any interesting stories to share.

calvin streeting

I know i have had photos taken by passers by of my car.. even bean filmed on the motorway buy a pasing car (they had there phone out of the window), might google to see if i can find out if on inet

s class

I received an action photo of my car on the highway, sent to me in the mail by the traffic department.  Does that count?   :P

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Big_Richard

my ex company car is still on google earth. Never had the 6.9 photographed as its always kept behind closed doors at the beginning and end of every drive, no one else works on it other than me either.

calvin streeting

Quote from: s class on 03 June 2011, 03:12 AM
I received an action photo of my car on the highway, sent to me in the mail by the traffic department.  Does that count?   :P

hahaha and i bet they sent you a bill for it as well :)

CraigS

My 300b turned up in a German classic car magazine. I was in Germany for Christmas a few years ago and bought a classic car magazine that I hadn't seen before. There was an article on 60 years of the German automobile and when I got to the page for the 1950's, here was a photo of my car - taken in my brother's backyard in Brisbane, Australia ! I did send them an email thanking them, but didn't receive a reply.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

macatron

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 03 June 2011, 04:01 AM
my ex company car is still on google earth. Never had the 6.9 photographed as its always kept behind closed doors at the beginning and end of every drive, no one else works on it other than me either.

Yeah, well, until the friendly folks at the California DMV take me at my word that my car will pass a smog check, my annual trip to the mechanic for this certified service will persist...   ::)

I've never had a photo of my car taken while I've been driving it but I do get the occasional thumbs-up, which is a good feeling!

1980sdga

I had my '70 SS Chevelle turn up on Google Earth!  Hugger Orange is pretty visible from space  ;D

macatron

Quote from: CraigS on 03 June 2011, 05:26 PM
My 300b turned up in a German classic car magazine. I was in Germany for Christmas a few years ago and bought a classic car magazine that I hadn't seen before. There was an article on 60 years of the German automobile and when I got to the page for the 1950's, here was a photo of my car - taken in my brother's backyard in Brisbane, Australia ! I did send them an email thanking them, but didn't receive a reply.

I bet they thought your next email would be asking for royalties... ;)

Squiggle Dog

Almost every time I do a Google image search for something Mercedes-related I see pictures of either my 1967 230 wagon, my 1968 200D, or my 1980 300SD. Before I went to look at my wagon the seller gave me an approximate location of the car but no address. I Google Earthed the area and could see the wagon from the sky, so I knew exactly where to view the car.
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+

Neko

I frequently post on 4chan's /o/ (auto) board, and have found a fair few posters have saved and reposted pictures of my car in various topics. Feels good. :)