News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Greetings from germany

Started by MyNameIsDaniel, 04 December 2018, 02:35 AM

MyNameIsDaniel

Hello there, greetings from germany  :) And sorry for my school-englisch  ;D

My Name is Daniel, 44 years old and a 450SE (build 1978) Owner since june 2017 with no K-Jet functionality, since August back on the german roads. Still lot of work to do but for me its a pleasure to see my old Mercedes going back to the status it deserves  ;D

And this is my 450SE

with best regards, Daniel

ptashek

Hallo Daniel,

Ihr wird beide hier gut Zuhause sein ;)

How come it's a 1978 and has no K-Jet? Is therea story behind it?
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

rumb

Welcome, your car looks very nice!
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

MyNameIsDaniel

Quote from: ptashek on 04 December 2018, 04:22 AM

How come it's a 1978 and has no K-Jet? Is therea story behind it?

Of course my M117 has a K-Jet, but when i get the car, it doesn´t run because multiple problems ;-) it was a lot of work & lot to learn, but since August 2017 it runs very well again :) 

daantjie

Welcome, yes very nice colour and the stance is great!
So it sounds like you went to electronic fuel injection on your car?
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Guru

Hi Daniel

Yes, great stance indeed. Would love to replicate on my 450SEL. Can you please tell me what your suspension modifications were and wheel/tyre combination you chose? Are there any limitations, ie tyre rub, suspension bottoming out quickly?

Sieht Klasse aus. Wuerde ich gerne an meinem 450SEL nachvollziehen. Kannst Du mir bitte verraten welche Modifikationen an der Federung vorgenommen wurden und welche Raeder/Reifen drauf sind? Giebts irgenwelche Einschraenkungen, wie Reifen reiben an den Waenden oder Federung schlaegt schnell auf?

Much appreciated
Chris
1975 450SEL 4.5 White

Peter

Hi Daniel and welcome, great looking 116  ;D just the right stance on the road.

MyNameIsDaniel

Hello again or as we say here..  : Moin!

:D

Ok, let me answer the questions...

K-Jetronic : my W116 still have the mechanic KA-Jetronic but when i bought the car, the K-Jet won´t run, so i invest time&money to bring it back to life, a big help was http://www.ferrari400parts.com/ , who rebuild & test my WUR. i changed and/or clean a lot of parts, now the engine runs well again.

Rims : the rims are from "ACT", a old german brand that doesnt exist anymore. At this time, the rims are at a local wheel-specialsist to add some bling  8) Dimensions are front 8,5x16 and rear 9,5x16

Wheels : front 225/50R16 , rear 245/45R16

Coil springs : i have no information about that, i guess some tuning coils from the 80s

You have to drive safely but in the use, there are no problems with the suspension, i dont drive very fast (there is no reason for the old guy, lol ) and i use only streets in good conditions without speed bumps (very rare where i live)

i inserted a liitle bit of carhifi (2 amps and a DSP), and a front subwoofer with 2x 8" Arc Audio Subs, the sub is extracted in a few seconds so a girl with long legs can sit comfortable beside me. lol  ;D

when you are interested in more pics and what i have done yet, feel free to visit my page at https://116er.de (german), you have to google translate it for more informations  ;)

irvine

HELLO at last.
I've been following you and your build on instagram. Your doing a great job so far, keep up the hard work.

Thanks for the rim info I had messaged on instagram.

Neil.

MyNameIsDaniel

Quote from: irvine on 05 December 2018, 01:45 AM
HELLO at last.
I've been following you and your build on instagram. Your doing a great job so far, keep up the hard work.

Thanks for the rim info I had messaged on instagram.

Neil.

You´re welcome :)

floyd111

Those seats are lush!. New covers or original? Neu ueberzogen oder nicht?

MyNameIsDaniel

Quote from: floyd111 on 05 December 2018, 03:19 AM
Those seats are lush!. New covers or original? Neu ueberzogen oder nicht?

The photos show still the original velour seats but i applied seat-covers from german manufature SJS-Carstyling ( https://www.sjs-carstyling.com/sitzbezuege-w116 ) , but no good photos from the new look yet...

MyNameIsDaniel

If you interested in my W116, i got a little vid i made this summer...

https://youtu.be/9WaDJMWOGmo

And a few other photos of my 450SE

https://blechperlen.de/gallery/mercedes-benz-w116-1978/

Guru

Hi Daniel

Thanks much for the info on the wheels and tyres. If you ever find out about your suspension setup please share that info too.

Cheers
Chris
1975 450SEL 4.5 White

MyNameIsDaniel

Quote from: Guru on 05 December 2018, 06:14 AM
Hi Daniel

Thanks much for the info on the wheels and tyres. If you ever find out about your suspension setup please share that info too.

Cheers
Chris

ok, i will inform you