News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Greetings from germany

Started by MyNameIsDaniel, 04 December 2018, 02:35 AM

floyd111

When you're done, you could upload a sound/video clip of your system on Youtube. That bass in the front must sound really good.

MyNameIsDaniel

Trunk is almost done 😎
with best regards, Daniel

floyd111

Damn, that looks like it could have been a stock-option in a parallel W116 universe. Great finish and choice of materials! Please let's have more pics of that trunk project. Just make sure you keep the rain out, or you'll end up electrifying birds expecting a Jacuzzi. ;)

MyNameIsDaniel

thanks  8) and happy new year everyone  :)

you can see a lot more photos from this installation in my blog-post at : https://116er.de/car-audio-2-0-teil-2-hifi-installation-im-w116/2019/

floyd111

Wow.. great pics there.. Some will call it OCD, some will call it proper engineering, but this makes me want to wave a flag for everything German, bar modern diesel engines. You really captured the look that some rare W116 limo interior parts have. If anything, it's era-correct, haha! Nice that you weren't tempted by fancy modern-day finishes.With these "Zierleisten" around the amp-holes, the shell now looks like it was vinyl-extruded. Was there anything special about those black trim parts you used?

MyNameIsDaniel

The "Zierleisten" is a sheet of DIY plastic board (2mm thick, from the local diy market), cut with a carpet-cutter and glued to the wood :-)

MyNameIsDaniel

a little update from my 450SE

Build a custom cover for the trunk lid....

MyNameIsDaniel

The "new" trunk is almost done, now it looks fine to me  8)

Mick74

Hi Daniel, I love your W116 and the modifications that you have made. I like the balance between original and modern and you have reminded me that I must upgrade my sound system, although I don't think that it will look as good as yours!
I hope to have that, and many other jobs done on my car before I bring it on a 4 week tour of Europe this summer, including a visit home to Stuttgart.
I wish you many happy years and miles with your 450SE
1979 6.9 #6475

MyNameIsDaniel

a recent shot from my w116 - got my rims refurbished and now they fit the old mercedes perfectly  8) :)