News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Got me a new W116 for my Birthday

Started by SELfor50, 29 May 2011, 06:40 AM

SELfor50

Mrs got me this for my Birthday.  Best present ever.

Not sure whether it means, 'here's one you don't need to spend any more money on...'

OR,

'This it the signal that you are now allowed to get motivated again and start spending mountains of cash to finish off the racecar..."

I think she meant the latter.  ;D

PS.  Sorry I haven't been around much fellas.. Just had a kid, bought a house and working 2 jobs to pay for the first 2. 
Race car will be getting some more focus in coming month or 2.............................

Hope you are all well.

Cam.

TJ 450

Nice... Have you tried the RC function yet? 8)

I'm sure the latter was inferred! ;)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

1980sdga

Yea, that's cool!  When I was a kid I had a silver diecast large-scale (Bigger than Matchbox Car) W116 model that was one of my favorite things!  I didn't know much about engines, models etc. but I loved the look of the car!

I remember being sad when the hood ornament broke  :-[

Another of my favorite cars was a Matchbox 69 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow  ;D

oscar

Haha, awsome.  Happy b'day dude. There's a youtube clip of one of these in action I saw yonks ago. 

Anyhow, I can see mods on the horizon. Gutted interior, nitro motor, suspension and steering upgrade, digital TxRx, and top it off with a repaint matching the track car.  8) 8)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

SELfor50

Hahah.. latter for sure.

Haven't tried RC function yet.  Will fire it up when I turn over my new engine. :) 

Thanks Oscar.  I've already started making the roll cage for it and ordered braking and suspension upgrades from OS.   ;)

Cam.