News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Full Frontal before and after shots 280SEL

Started by 116Benz, 15 September 2007, 06:01 AM

116Benz

Well, 1/2 way through the weekend and decided to tackle some of the less glamorous parts of the SEL "backyard blitz". Unfortunatley I had to pilfer some parts from the 280SE as a temp solution. BUT there was some hiccups, and some HOORAY moments. Theres still some work to go, but its getting easier!
before starting work

engine bay

under bonnet

post cleaning

under bonnet again

finished product

It's on the home stretch!!

CraigS

Looks a million dollars - well, half a million anyway ! How did you get the hood insulation off ? It's stuck on pretty well. I know - I tried and gave up after 1 hour to think of another strategy.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

116Benz

Lots of WD40 and a high pressure cleaner. It works a treat, but I got covered in the grit and crumbs from the remnants.

Martin 280s

it's starting to look half decent now. just a bit more elbow grease...do you need any help? Buy me a plane ticket and I'll bring my tools!

SELfor50

Nice work 116!  The Engine bay before and afters are good.  You've inspired me to get off my a$$ and do this too!

And yeah, i don't mind the stripes at all...  ;)

Quote from: CraigS on 15 September 2007, 06:22 AM
Looks a million dollars - well, half a million anyway ! How did you get the hood insulation off ? It's stuck on pretty well. I know - I tried and gave up after 1 hour to think of another strategy.

What about a Kerby vacuum cleaner??  They can lift BOWLING BALLS!!  ...how does the song go again?  ;D

116Benz

Quote from: SELfor50 on 17 September 2007, 04:49 PM
Nice work 116!  The Engine bay before and afters are good.  You've inspired me to get off my a$$ and do this too!

And yeah, i don't mind the stripes at all...  ;)

Quote from: CraigS on 15 September 2007, 06:22 AM

What about a Kerby vacuum cleaner??  They can lift BOWLING BALLS!!  ...how does the song go again?  ;D

When in doubt get Kerby to lift your balls?

Quote from: Martin 280s on 17 September 2007, 10:58 AM
it's starting to look half decent now. just a bit more elbow grease...do you need any help? Buy me a plane ticket and I'll bring my tools!

Excellent, I'll email the details ASAP  ;D I would ask about the tools, but its a family forum ;)

Martin 280s

Quote from: Michel on 17 September 2007, 02:16 PM
She's looking good. ;D

You know I was one of those (rare members) fascinated by the stripes.
I still reckon they look unique... ;)

You know Michel, those stripes do grow on you...a bit like a cyst...but grow on you. Unique is the perfect word to use.

116Benz

A cyst? fair enuff.... :'( I'm growing attached to them, NOT! :D