News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

FEEL SORRY

Started by wicked, 20 February 2007, 09:11 PM

wicked

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(    I feel awlfull today after my car accident in my beloved 450 se i loved that thing like a friend and it was my fault there was a blind curve and i coasted right thru not even thinking and then boom and i got almost t boned right at the fender and grill pics tommarow if i can bare it. Looks like it will be scrpped beacuse i didnt have collision on it for a 35 year old car

Things i will need to even think about fixing it will be a radiator ac condensor all new headlights turn lights new bumpers new hood and two new fenders and the frame that holds the radiator

But no engine damage oh i will need a new oil canaster and battary can you believe they both flew out and were liying on the street

Brian Crump

Sorry to hear this - it may not be that bad - hopefully it can be repaired rather than scrapped. Fingers crossed.
Regards,
Brian

WGB

Bummer - hope nobody was hurt

Bill

Mforcer

That is bad news. I would be devestated too if something happened to my 450SE.

Keep us updated as to what is happening with the car, as well as yourself of course! Hope you are both ok!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

oscar

wicked, that's very unfortunate news. 

What's the go with the no collision cover and the age of the 450? I hadn't heard of this limitation or option in Aus at least.
And what about the other car?  Will you be left out of pocket with their expenses?

I don't know what I'd do in the same position.  Sounds like a nasty prang. 

I wish you well.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

wicked

yeah everyone is fine she gave her life for me.  But on the collison part of the inshurance it means i have to pay for my car everyone elses is covered like my two other cars have it beacuse there worth more then the parts but my 450 lets say the damages are 2500$ the inshurance will say oh its worth 3000 take the cash and go

michaeld

Wicked,
Dude, that is, well, it's... wicked.  I'm sure sorry you had to suffer all that damage.

It's not easy to come by w116 parts in OC (having used to live there, I know).  If you can't find what you need via this forum's parts section, consider mercedesshop.com/shopforum.  They have a vintage forum with a thriving parts section.

It sounds like you won't be driving your 450SEL anytime immediately.  If I were you, I would go ahead and put it into "storage" mode, and then replace parts as you can.  Take a long-term view, and just work bit-by-bit toward your goal.  You'll get her back in running order again!

Good luck,
Mike