News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

Features of the W116 you like that don't appear on modern cars

Started by macatron, 29 March 2008, 01:19 PM

kolin

what i nalso like is that these cars handle very well dirt and tarmac roads, and best of all, when you push these cars hard and drive them hard, they go from sedate to almost sports car like.what a pleasure to drive them at 100mph  plus for a long drive.

Ray53

Driving peacefully down the road a couple of days ago in my 1980, 280 SEL. Stopped at a red.

Dick head in modern small car (plastic coated beer can on wheels with a sewing machine engine) yells at me  "If you try to get on front of me I'll ram you".

I pressed the button to lower the window on his side (with a real smirk on my face).

I said to him "A misquote of Dirty Harry, Go ahead punk, commit suicide"

LOVE MY MERC.

Big_Richard

Quote from: Ray53 on 09 May 2008, 07:23 PM
Driving peacefully down the road a couple of days ago in my 1980, 280 SEL. Stopped at a red.

Dick head in modern small car (plastic coated beer can on wheels with a sewing machine engine) yells at me  "If you try to get on front of me I'll ram you".

I pressed the button to lower the window on his side (with a real smirk on my face).

LOVE MY MERC.

What a tosser!

I'd love for someone to say that to me! It'd be on then, for young and old alike

jbrasile

Hehehe..... I wish someone would try that one with me behind the wheel of a 6.9....

Regards,

Joe

kolin

Quote from: Ray53 on 09 May 2008, 07:23 PM

LOVE MY MERC.
now please i pray, tell us the rest of the story..   what happened thereafter....

alabbasi

Quote from: jbrasile on 09 May 2008, 10:13 PM
Hehehe..... I wish someone would try that one with me behind the wheel of a 6.9....

Regards,

Joe

This lady in a Hummer H3 tried to block my path to the entry ramp on the highway last Sunday and and I had to smoke her. Only side effect was that I also managed to scare the crap out of my passenger. It's nice to have my 6.9 back.

With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

scraf

I like the way the front end of my 450 rises when accelerating, also, when I was starting up the engine the other day in front of a reflective window, I saw the whole car twist when revved, or lean, or whatever.

The other day I avoided a back and forth 500km commute by sleeping in it, moved the passenger seat forward, lent it all the way back, could stretch my humble 192cm body out totally.

chilcutt

I like the fact that I can actually wrench on my car, and being that I have a diesel ,I love the feel my baby gives me when I abuse her and she begs for more. When ideling contentedly it is remanant of a solid faithfull Bulldog waiting for her master to command her to work.

kolin

Quote from: scraf on 13 May 2008, 12:50 PM
I like the way the front end of my 450 rises when accelerating, also, when I was starting up the engine the other day in front of a reflective window, I saw the whole car twist when revved, or lean, or whatever.

The other day I avoided a back and forth 500km commute by sleeping in it, moved the passenger seat forward, lent it all the way back, could stretch my humble 192cm body out totally.
i would have thought the rear seat was more comfortable to lie on, being flat and not segmented would have been a better choice.