News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Dutch guys and their love for the W116

Started by johnnyw116, 13 July 2011, 12:11 PM

johnnyw116

i found on youtube some footage of 1987 dutch television it goes about people who do annything for their hobby and in this part comes a guy who ownes an 450 SEL and not mentioned is that it is an 6.9  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWrP8PmzSQ0&feature=player_detailpage

i shal do some translation :

the interviewer asks : lets talk about your hobby what kind of hobbyist are you ? the guy answers : an verry extreme one i do annything for my car becouse i cant do without this car , the interviewer asks : what kind of car do you own ? and the guy answers : i have an 450SEL , the interviewer asks : what kind of car is that  ?: the guys answers : a mercedes benz with a longer wheelbase than the standard model , the interviewer asks : and do you really drive in this chic car ? the guy answers : yes i drive all day in this car becouse cant get enough of the car , the interviewer asks : tell me about the options the car has ? the guy answers : cruisecontrol , hydrolic load level system , the interviewer asks : where is the hydrolic load level system for ? the guy answers : when you have a heavy load or manny people in the the car or pulling an caravan it levels himself up , the interviewer asks :and also a nice radio in the car ? or cant you do without ? the guy anwers : i cant do without the car , the interviewer asks : and can you do without your wife ? what you would do iff you have to choose between your car and your wife ? and iff you have to choose ?  , the guy answers : a good 450 SEL is hard to find and women are there plenty !    

result was end of relation  ;D  but not the end of his W116  :)
JohnnyW116

scraf

Thanks for posting that Johnny, going to show it  to my ( Dutch ) wife,

Tony66_au

Err yeah :-)

Unless you are Dutch or have spent years with the Dutch this may seem a bit weird (Freakydeeky).

Its a pretty unique society, very liberal in ways that would fail in any other place.

I can see where this guy is coming from.

Tony  (Yep, Im Dutch..... No im not seeking treatment for it)

Tony66_au

BTW the part of Holland he comes from would explain a bit too lol

johnnyw116

a bit late for a reply , the guy is from denhaag just like me  :D

greetings : john  .     
JohnnyW116