News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Data Card UK Spec W116

Started by manisingh, 17 February 2020, 11:00 AM

manisingh

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me obtain a data card for my W116? i been through different routes from dealerships and classic Mercedes and Daimler but no luck  :(. I contacted my local dealership who said they are not allowed to disclose this information? i mainly need the original date of manufacture. Any help would be great :D 
Mercedes Benz W116 450SEL

rumb

I'm not sure why you are having difficulty getting this from the classic center. They provide data cards all the time, however they charge @$125 USD to provide them.

Call them again and just ask for one. You will probably have to provide proof of ownership to them.

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

marku

Either should supply it but now Mercedes makes quite a high charge for it when it used to be free.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

DiplomaticMike

I was in the same boat, tried the Classic Centre in Stuttgart and got this reply

We apologize, but we (Mercedes-Benz Classic Customer Center) are not able to issue a data card for your vehicle.

Please contact your local Mercedes-Benz dealership in your home country to apply for a data card.
The department for service and parts is able to provide a data card for your vehicle.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
Mercedes-Benz Classic Contakt Center / MHO

Tried the local MB dealer who referred me back to Stuttgart...

Anyway, after a bit of searching, I emailed these guys and got a copy of the data card by return:-

ClassicParts@sandown-mercedes.co.uk

DiplomaticMike

PS - hello everyone, been lurking for a while...