News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Barn finds, My second 6 cylinder S class

Started by Tony66_au, 19 August 2011, 07:00 PM

Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Tony66_au

And like Sgt Shultz I know nothing about the twin cam 2.8's although at half a million km Im guessing I will get to know it intimately.

Last M110 I had was in a 300SEL so i suspect things have changed a bit lol

I was initially going to pass on the car but on seeing her sitting there the White grabbed me by the junk and hung on for grim death.

Love those hubcaps too.

Maybe im a sucker but im a happy sucker.

More when she comes home in a week or so.

Tony

Nutz

MB_Mike

Congratulations! I love everything about it. Good luck.
1987 Home market 560 SEL

Tony66_au

Nutz I think so, I only had literally 5 mins to have a quick look yesterday mate.

Tony66_au

Thanks Mike!

I think it helps that we dont get snow here much or salt on the roads which preserves these old girls far beyond that of cars in teh US, Canada or Europe.

As far as i could tell the paintwork it good and I couldn't see any rust in the usual spots.

My Son really wanted a 450SEl as his first car (He is just 17) but cant drive one due to the power restriction laws for probationary drivers so I suspect that I will let him drive this one if she pans out ok.

Tony

TJ 450

Nice find Tony,

I find it amazing how many decent cars keep popping up. It seems never ending.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

nathan

At least they had the decency to keep it under cover. These twits that leave them in the open to rot astound me... Good luck!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Type17

Looks like a great find - have fun with it!  :D
'76 350SE in Silver-Green

1980sdga

The interior looks pretty intact and the dash looks good!

Nice find  8)

Tony66_au

Thanks guys, I think the cover it is under was a deciding factor and I was looking for a 280TE but this will do.

The other issue we face in Aus is mice and Im well accustomed to their habits and smell so my nose told me there were no mice in the car and a check under the bonnet/hood told me it was rodent free and didnt smell musty either.

She comes home later this week and isnt far away 20 km or so.

And when she does there will be piccies and a very careful pre start routine I usually practise.

Keep you posted!

Tony

toxonix

Are you going to overhaul that half-million mile motor, or see if it can reach a million? I'd love to work an M110 over to see what it can do. Bored over, pistons, moly rings, 6 Webers, headers, etc.

Big_Richard

will be a very interesting sound when those wheels start to turn after sitting for so many years. the amount of rust having to be scraped off the disks by the pads should be quite entertaining.  8)

Tony66_au

Quote from: toxonix on 23 August 2011, 12:21 PM
Are you going to overhaul that half-million mile motor, or see if it can reach a million? I'd love to work an M110 over to see what it can do. Bored over, pistons, moly rings, 6 Webers, headers, etc.

Hmmmmm triple sidedraught 48's.......................

Quit it will ya! lol

Im going to star and run it, then see how it goes.

Im not keen on a rebuild but you never know, problem is there are 2 cars that also need money spent on them.