News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

Anyone have a Complete CD Version of the 116 Service Manual?

Started by Boydness, 21 April 2006, 03:48 PM

Boydness

I asked around first, but I guess that I will post now.

Looking for a CD Version of the Service Manual that is posted here:
  http://handbook.w116.org/matrix6.htm

If someone in the States has it, that would be great (and probably the easiest route), and I will gladly send PayPal funds to cover the expense of the CD and shipping.

I want it to read offline, but I also want to be a polite respectful user of the site and not consume the site's bandwidth for the manual.

Incidently, I have a CD for the Model 107 from '72 through '89, which is what I ended up with when I tried to get a Model 116 CD off of eBay. The seller responded that it was the same information, although I would much prefer to have one that was specifically tailored to my '77 450 SEL, then have to guess where the differences start and end. If anyone wants a Model 107 CD, let me know...

Let me know please.

Boyd

olliparr

I have what your looking for - I bought it from somewhere in the US - Manuals Unlimited I think. It didn't occur to me that it wouldn't work in my Macintosh until it arrived.....PC only. I have checked the files on it however - it is what it says it is. I paid 25$ for it. Let me know.

michaeld

Boydness,
Maybe you could offer a 107 for a 116 manual trade even-steven.  http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/ has a classic forum, and perhaps someone has a 116 manual and is looking for a 107?  It's worth a try.  I went ahead and posted a message on that forum to see if anyone was interested, and I'll let you know if anyone is.

Anyway, now at least you have a couple possibilities.

I feel your pain, boydness: WHY does it have to be so hard just to get a manual?

Mike

Mforcer

In a few weeks, I should have time to make some copies and mail to anyone interested :)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Mforcer

Quote from: olliparr on 21 April 2006, 04:05 PM
I have what your looking for - I bought it from somewhere in the US - Manuals Unlimited I think. It didn't occur to me that it wouldn't work in my Macintosh until it arrived.....PC only. I have checked the files on it however - it is what it says it is. I paid 25$ for it. Let me know.

The Service Manual does work on a Mac but you just need to make some minor changes. All the important files are just .pdf which can be read on any computer but to access them through the browser, you will need to change all "\" or "%5c" in the path to "/".
Michael
2006 B200

Papalangi

You can get a brand new one for $20 from MBUSA,
www.classictechlit.mbusa.com

They also have owners manulas, wiring diagrams and other stuff.

Michael
'83 300SD, I'm back!  It's the son's new car (12/2020)
1976 450SEL, 116.033  Sold it to buy a '97 Crown Vic.  Made sense at the time.
1971 250C, 114.023
1976 280C
1970 250/8

OzBenzHead

Quote from: 450SE on 22 April 2006, 03:38 AMThe Service Manual does work on a Mac but you just need to make some minor changes. All the important files are just .pdf which can be read on any computer but to access them through the browser, you will need to change all "\" or "%5c" in the path to "/".

Michael: Thanks for that very useful tip. Now I can set up to use the manual through my browser as well as just using individual PDFs. (From another user of the Mercedes of personal computers ;)  )
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

Mforcer

Quote from: Papalongi on 23 April 2006, 01:46 AM
You can get a brand new one for $20 from MBUSA,
www.classictechlit.mbusa.com

They also have owners manulas, wiring diagrams and other stuff.

Thanks for the link. I knew they were available but had forgotten they were so reasonably priced. At that price, it is not worth making copies.
Michael
2006 B200