News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

another 6.9 changed her owner

Started by szyki, 21 June 2009, 09:59 AM

TJ 450

I don't think the height of the seat belt anchorage points is a problem. The sliding rails are self adjusting anyway, that is just the pivot point for the rail.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

szyki

I found the source of my problem.
The floor on the right by the B pillar was treated with a shifter.
I have to check pictures before it was shipped to me. Maybe they did it in ports while shipping.

But it's more possible that someone thought it was a longeron when he was looking at it from the downside but is was the floor only.
Here is the floorpan on the right:

and on the left. Visibly higher:
From the downside it's even more visible that it was a shifter of something like that.
Thank God, it's not rust :-)

Do you have any idea of where I can get body parts to my 6.9?

I need front parts of the floorpan.

front parts of it look like this:

TJ 450

I can see that the sound dampening material has been removed... is that what you need?
If so, I would replace it with a modern equivalent (dynamat+foam). The original injection moulded stuff is renowned for absorbing moisture like a wick and because of its outer skin, it takes forever to dry out.

Also, what is the problem with the floor pan? Has it been deformed?

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

szyki

Yes, the floor pan at the B-pillar was deformed by impropreriate try of lifting the car up.
shawn on second picture in my last post.

What I need to do with the floor is to replace floor pan in front, especially under the passanger's feet.
There are couple of wholes in that area and floor pan looks poor.

The dampening material is in good condition.
Rust caused deglutination of dampening material, so it wasn't that hard to remove and will be possible to put back in place.