News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

AMG at Classic Centre

Started by Mforcer, 18 September 2005, 05:46 AM

Mforcer

There are a growing number of turbo 6.9s out there. //www.big-toys.net based in Sydney, Australia does similar conversions for anyone willing to spend the money.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

hokman

You Australians are lucky, W116 is sounds popular there and even has shops that modifies them.  A turbo 6.9 will be one of the most powerful cars on the road.  Probably keeping up with S65 which is also turbo.  Unknowing new merc drivers should really be wary of older S-class saloons out there on the the road in Australia.  It could be a 280s but can also be a turbo 6.9.  It's a real sleeper.

I saw a 300sel 6.3 today, it's being driven so fast round a curve, the body lean is kinda scary.  I looks pretty cool though.

I also saw a very clean 280s today, a clean W116 looks more beautiful than most other cars on the road.  THe grass green paint has that new car shine and gleaming hubcaps.  It looks better than w108 especially from the back.  I also saw a w114/5 today, it looks rubbish like a taxi, I don't want one.

Nilo AMG

The power increase coming from forced indction tempts everyone. I have myself a project that includes a 1995 C180 and a turbo kit. Let me tell you.
   I'm gonna buy a 1995 C180 and put a turbo kit I'm going to develop for it. I intend to use something close to 2.0bars. Note that I'll not do anything internally on the engine. Just want to see how long and how much power it takes to break the engine.
   I'm literally going to turbocharge the car with the maximum pressure possible and wait for it to break. I suspect it will take quite a while for it to break, even with this kind of power, but God knows...

Nilo

Mforcer

Quote from: "Nilo AMG"I'm gonna buy a 1995 C180 and put a turbo kit I'm going to develop for it. I intend to use something close to 2.0bars. Note that I'll not do anything internally on the engine. Just want to see how long and how much power it takes to break the engine.
   I'm literally going to turbocharge the car with the maximum pressure possible and wait for it to break. I suspect it will take quite a while for it to break, even with this kind of power, but God knows...
Why are you doing that to an engine? Enquiring minds need to know?
Michael
2006 B200

hokman

maybe he want to get a C36 straight 6 in his W202 anyway, so why not have fun with the weak 1.8 for a while.

My friend has a c220 and even that is a slug.

Nilo AMG

450SE, to make a point! I doubt it will break easily if the mixture is correct. Let's see what happens!

Nilo

Mforcer

This car is now on show at the Essen Motor Show where more details of the car are available;

QuoteIt's a 1979 450 SEL 6.9 AMG
It's got 21.000 kms (13000 miles), and is absolute mint condition.
The engine has 'Leistungsteigerung Stufe 1: Ventile und Steuerzeiten' (performance upgrade 1: valves and ignitiontiming). I haven' found out yet how much power it actually puts out. Anyone know this?
The car costs 'only' 46.000 Euros (about $ 54.000)
Michael
2006 B200

AMG69

Is there a website for Essen showing more details on the car?
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Mforcer

Sorry, I should have stated that I was quoting a post on the BenzWorld forum.
Michael
2006 B200

nomada

Sorry to bring back this oldie but, it's for sale on MB's International site if any one's got a spare 46,000 Euro's  :o
There's a few bits of info on it's history too

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/content/mbcom/international/international_website/en/com/international_home/home/heritage_new/oldtimer_service/car_sales/current_offers.0002.html