News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Albe's 280 sel

Started by albe, 02 January 2012, 10:29 PM

albe

Hi my name is Allan and I now own the car I have always loved w116 .I have always had a thing for euro cars they are just so well made .

I would like to post pics of my car and what I have done and will do as time goes on ,but not sure how to I will keep trying and if you can help that would be great .

I am pressure cleaning under the body at the moment or should be but on here (will get back to that )posting it is amazing  how clean it is coming up and this made me want to show someone . And I will when I learn how .

This site is such great help and a thanks to all that post .Keeps me working on my W116 .
Back soon ....

74MERC280SE

Hi Al, Al here!

Great to hear you are another newbie in OZ that has just woken up to the wonderful world of W116 ownership.

I got my Blue 1974 280SE a few months back and am just loving it. The only problem with mine is that he (Ruben) hasn't been driven much (106500 original k's) and consequently everythings a little, Ummmm, stale?!

Ie: The brakes were fading out after 20mins driving, now o.k..... dashboard lights weren't working... with a bit of twiddling they all come on and stay on brightly without complaint...... even the aircon is getting colder and colder the more i use it?!... etc etc... The biggest issue I can see that needs tackling will be the central locking which has no intention of working at the moment.

I've been trying to post a couple of pics of Ruben but after many attempts of attaching images I feel decidedly mentally challenged and would appreciate any help with posting a couple of photo's... and yes, i've read the help topic?! :-[

Cheers,

Al

albe

[/url][/img]Hope this works

koan

Click "Quote" on this post and you'll see the format required.

Open the gallery in another window, left click "item actions" to get the drop down menu and select "Get item URLs" then drag the appropriate displayed link into the post.

Show image directly:

Show a clickable resized image linking to the original:

Show a clickable thumbnail linking to the original:

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

albe

Thanks koan , will give it a go
Al

albe

Here She is ,no name yet will drive then name .. :P

TJ 450

It looks like a nice car... Well done with the purchase.

I assume you cleaned it up underneath with high pressure water, or was it actually like that when you got it? Regardless, it looks very clean and tidy under there.

Once you've got the interior sorted, you'll be set I reckon.

And yes, that is what the underside of a 116 looks like without aftermarket rust protection! 8)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Big_Richard

albe

Yes I think,  its vinly is Mbtex what its know as ? and yes it is like new all the seat have been cover with fitted MB sheepskin seat cover . Which I will be putting them back on after they are fixed , so they can see another 32 years  .

calvin streeting

nice car :)

also it looks like your missing the cover for the fuel pump ass.

albe

Thanks Calvin, will have to look in to that  ???
What do they look like does any one have a pic of what I should see ? thanks
Al

calvin streeting

its a plastic box that covers the front and bottom. stops mud, etc

TJ 450

That part is also found on the W126, so it should be easy to find one.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

albe

Thanks will look out for one. Nice pic just what I needed to see.
8)Al

pompy