News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

A particular 6.9 in Adelaide, South Australia - Rare?

Started by AMG69, 15 February 2007, 02:22 AM

AMG69

This is a query for Australian experts (!) - I made an enquiry to the owner of the white 6.9 for sale in Adelaide, SA and I learnt the following (email received from owner):

Link

Hi
The vehicle was imported new in 78 by BEA Adelaide. Its service life has been with two authorised Mercedes dealers ,(1) BEA and (2) Wann Motors Adelaide. I have owned it approximately 16 years.
The struts and spheres were replaced about 3 years ago. Wanns will have the records if required.
The interior is beige valour . Every thing works apart from the automatic radio mast which is needs to be replaced. This will be done before the vehicle is sold. The paint work is outstanding . The front brake discs and pads have just been replaced . There is no rust The interior is like new The door locks operate  It has just been fully serviced. It has front and rear heated seats.

ENDS

So, my questions are, is anyone aware of any other Australian delivered 6.9's without Leather? and with Heated Seats?  I have never seen this combination of extras on an Australian delivered car.....it seems very genuine though!  The owner is sending me photos so I will advsie if it looks as good as it sounds.  If someone is after a really good 6.9 this MIGHT be it.....?  
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Mforcer

Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Des

link says to me:

This car is no longer available for sale. Please click here to search again.

Do you have the pictures saved Chris?

Des

If the car is indeed Australian delivered it should have 625 on the options code plate,

this is the plate off mine, which I would consider to be a classic spec Australian delivered car:

410 sunroof
625 australian delivered
The top series of numbers are the upholstery codes,seat material,carpet color etc

AMG69

Thanks Des - I'll cehck the photos when he sedns them through.

Sorry, not sure why my link failed; its obviously at Carsales.com.au; under "Private" cars for sale then the usual options (mercedes, 450 series, 6.9) etc...should be easy to find that way I hope!!

Once I have Owners additional photos he is sending I'll let everyone know if it has option code 625 Aust Delivery!!!!

sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Des

here we go:

Link

well the instrument cluster is Australian spec car, notice the red line on the tacho is 5300RM, consistent with being an aussie car.

ABS was only introduced in 1978 so if original to the car would be one of the first.

looks very clean though, look at how good the headlight boxes are, so crisp and new looking.

koan

Quote from: Des on 15 February 2007, 03:19 AM

ABS was only introduced in 1978 so if original to the car would be one of the first.

The ABS and adjustable steering column are listed with "confirm with seller" as a heading.

I can't see anything ABS related under the bonnet.

What's the VIN?

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!