Main Menu

"A few off's"

Started by SELfor50, 05 February 2008, 08:27 AM

SELfor50

So.....  I've made it onto the SDMA Hillclimb Website

www.sdmahillclimb.com
Click on "Gallery" then Click on "A few off's"

Enjoy.....

Edit:  Let me add that the "Monaro vs Tyre Wall" actually ended up with scratches and damages to the car.
The Mercedes 450 SEL vs tyrewall and big muthaf*kn ditch ended up with nothing but reverse, drive, wheel alignment required.
No damage was done to Silver other than the wheel alignment.

deton8r

I'm Pedderizing my Pontiac GTO with a full Track 1 kit in just a few weeks.   I was considering racing it but I'm having second thoughts after seeing that Monaro.  Too bad about that 450SEL too.  That's also cool that their still racing the old Ford Capri's out there, the red one on the home page banner is just like my very first car I owned.  I haven't seen one in years.

Andrew280SEL

Only the 116 could look so graceful while running off the track  ;)

Far better off than the Monaro at least though :)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

SELfor50

Do it up with the GTO!!  The only reason that monaro got dinged was cause he assumed the monaro would handle the same on the track that it does on the street.
Also had no modified susp.

Reason I crashed, I was too busy trying to show off..... humble pie for me.

Word andrew!  ;)

WGB

Great Photo.

I assume you have a plastic aerofoil over the sunroof opening - it would be too cool to drive around with the sunroof open.

Bill

Andrew280SEL

Bill's post count says 'leet'? ???

In internet slang that now means your an 'elite' poster ;)

[/off topic]

Have you tried driving around with the sun roof open Cam? I suppose you'd get bits of gravel and dust flying in though...  8)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

SELfor50

No.... Keep the sunroof closed.  If I flip the car I'd like to stay inside.  :-\

The plastic wind guard has since been removed.

500eguy

well glad to hear you got the car up and running!  good to see the old beast holding up well:)

kolin

in south africa the 116 was voted the most popular car by farmers as they drove better than anything else off the tarmac.
all i can say is dont feel bad with your going off, it looks good there.try and drive some more off road and see how well she handles.
<snigger>