News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

280" Concourse; Diary of a layman

Started by floyd111, 09 March 2015, 04:44 AM

floyd111

and these..

floyd111

and these..

The paperweight photo isn't very good. It's actually a pristine piece.

floyd111

Then there was this item. Have not been able to date it properly, but I thought it would at least make for a fun camping tool for my little son. Maybe it is indeed 70's.

ptashek

This is sheer madness Stan, but of the positive kind :)

Anything of interest in that tempomat brochure, or is it just marketing materials?
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

floyd111

I was think about maybe scanning and uploading pages of these folders.. It's just a matter of getting around to. -And yes, there are some interesting pages, facts and photos here and there. A way of getting the facts right, at least in the German territory.

floyd111

I think I just had the best news in over 1 year.
My 4 pallets have made it through German Customs and are in the docks, awaiting to board a ship for Taiwan.
KWE, knowing that they had dropped the ball quite seriously in the past, made good, and found a way to bend the impossible German cargo export rules.
In a couple of weeks there'll be part II: getting the goods into Taiwan.

Now there's still that container in Atlanta with a car, and another 2 NOS pallets. See if we can get that one to move soon as well.
I know I haven't arrived yet, but today was a big step!

floyd111

Makes this little find look very insignificant: a real 70's  German parking disk. You'd think they'd be all over, with millions of them made, but no.
These get tossed and bought new all the time. This one survived.

floyd111

Best guess is that within the next 3 weeks, all my NOS pallets from Germany and the USA will have made it  past Taiwan Customs. Then, finally, work on my cars can continue. In the meantime..
For my collection, an original MB Germany road map from the 70's

floyd111

An MB  ice scratcher from the 70's.

floyd111

A give-away item from the 70's, a jumping rope for kids.

floyd111

An MB car document thingy.

floyd111

Original MB driving gloves from the 1955-1965 era, made by Van Raalte

floyd111

The Becker hifi manual for MB's from the 70's

floyd111

After buying the wrong 80's booklets, the correct ones have arrived. Upholstery and paint sales manuals

s class

37 pages and still no picture of the car, must be something of a record for the forum.  What's the status of the car?

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL