News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

280" Concourse; Diary of a layman

Started by floyd111, 09 March 2015, 04:44 AM

floyd111

Thanks. We aim to please, haha!
Mortality is a bastard. I am not having it, -for now.

By now, what would really help me sleep is to finish this collection. Few items only, but these have proven rather impossible to get..
-The original W116 bulb box, nr A0005801810
-The dealer-supplied red Hella bulb box
-The item in the left top corner of the original MB cabinet. Not even sure what that is.
-The Frenzel trunk fridge
-The Car Care kit, model 1 and 2, partial kit and full kit, in cardboard box and plastic transparent suitcase.
The red/white 70's Pannengurt, a flat, nylon towing rope.
-Ptashek's touch-up paint stick in 70's MB box.

The fuse replacement box and fuse replacement tool. Still available from MB, but I am quite unsure it's the same as the 70's version.
Haven't ordered it yet to find out.

Another section not  even disussed is the option list of audio, telephone, refrigeration and airco-related options offered to those with a separating wall between front and rear seats.
Hypercool stuff, but so rare that I have not even heard about anyone planet-wide able to buy any of those items.
I can conveniently state I don't need any of those things, since I do not have such a separated cabin car. ;D
Hell, I can not even find a separating panel..

rumb

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

Peter

Good luck with the export from Germany Stan - I can understand your frustration.  >:(  These are Mercedes parts not bloody plutonium !!

floyd111

Quote from: rumb on 23 May 2017, 01:11 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mercedes-Silver-Make-Up-Compact-and-Comb-Set-NEW-Germany-/302053885718?hash=item4653d08716:g:69MAAOSwdzVXwKZA&vxp=mtr

Thanks Rumb!
If you look well, you'll see that I almost have the same one. The pics in ebay are color distorted. The comb is seems gold. The powder box is said to be silver, but I am not sure. The black velvet pouch for the powder box is missing. If it is silver/gold, this is not the right combination. The comb in this kit is supposed to be a stilletto. This one isn't.
I'll check it out, see if I can get better pics. If it is a double-silver kit, it may have been a different edition. That would be interesting.
I think I contacted this person before I found this set elsewhere. It was selling for 400usd, and they wouldn't take a 150usd offer..
Still, all tips are welcome! Please keep'm coming if you will.
Stan

floyd111

Thanks for the tip, Peter,

As you can see from my photos, I have a set already. Nice price, though.
FYI, your set is a later issue, probably early 90's.
Please keep any tips coming!

floyd111

A very carefully optimistic update.. KWE Shipping seems to have found a solution, and they were optimistic enough that my pallets were officially picked up and moved to Customs in Hamburg.
That only took 13 months.
Now let's hope they make it through German Customs, and onto the ship.

floyd111

This one arrived today:
Notice on page 2 how it's the not all the same accessories as in the -then- dealer showroom photos?
Apparently, more then 1 type offered  regarding the road warning lamp.

floyd111

I found a pic on an auction from this 70's collectible..

floyd111

and a day later, this one popped up on eBay
It's on it's way here now. 8)

floyd111

Here's Rumb's golden tip, soon to arrive.

floyd111

Also in the mail, the original 70's accessories booklet.
The very left and very right booklets are 80's, I presume. If so, I'll offload them soon.

floyd111

And then there were 3..

floyd111

And last, the 1961 MB Chronicles. Notice how the cover of this dated book perfectly confirms the era of the collectibles?

floyd111

Some new arrivals..