News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

280" Concourse; Diary of a layman

Started by floyd111, 09 March 2015, 04:44 AM

floyd111

Yes I was, but I have 2 of them now.
BTW, not only is this price insane, but it's the same guy who screwed me over with my suitcases.. He just changes his ebay name every so many months..
Still, thanks a lot for thinking of me!

floyd111

Just to illustrate we should not feed the NOS monsters by offering them top dollar for their finds..
The Minimax PU1, once offered to me for 800 euros.. picked one up yesterday in eBay Klein for 15 euros, including a perfect halter.

daantjie

Quote from: floyd111 on 05 February 2017, 10:20 PM
Just to illustrate we should not feed the NOS monsters by offering them top dollar for their finds..
The Minimax PU1, once offered to me for 800 euros.. picked one up yesterday in eBay Klein for 15 euros, including a perfect halter.

The guys in Germany seem especially not shy to charge outrageous prices :o
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

floyd111

I had given up on this one, but finally got it, against all odds.
The original Radwechsel-set. ;D

Jed

Ok, I give up...what the heck is it???

Looks like a wheel chock???

1979 Mercedes 6.9 #5206 - restored
1979 Mercedes 6.9 #6424 - ongoing restoration
1976 Mercedes 6.9 #484 - restoration?

floyd111

yeah, it's a gizmo to stop your car from rolling away when it's on the jack..

floyd111

Another one found, and on it's way: ;D

floyd111

And this one, internally identical to the MB Unfallmappe, picked up for a few pennies, to complete and improve the MB set already here.

floyd111

picked this up for a breeze this week. It needs a bit of TLC, but it's from the 1930's-40's and fits the Sterling silver cigarette case I found 2 years ago.
I am expecting to find a Sterling stamp on this as well, when it arrives here

floyd111

This popped up as well. A "must-have" for a collector, just sorry it did not have the original box anymore.

floyd111

And while we're at it.. the original dealer-folder with all the car care accessories of that era. Can't wait to open it and see what's inside!

floyd111

and another Unfalmappe, with the wrong camera, but a perfect box and the correct accessories. 3 Together make for 2 mint MB sets and a third, other one to sell off cheaply

ptashek

BTW, the 110 format Kodak Verichrome film used in those accident folders is renowned for its longevity. Properly stored in a freezer it's known to be usable even after 40+ years, with near perfect results.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

floyd111

These were missing still, found now:

floyd111

And this one is on it's way.. the first price list (nr 10) with the W116 on the cover, and awaiting answers regarding the last of such, nr 27 (Thanks Ptashek)