Main Menu

280" Concourse; Diary of a layman

Started by floyd111, 09 March 2015, 04:44 AM

floyd111

Miracle of the year.. 2 affordable NOS Hirschmanns

floyd111

And, some weekly vintage goodies, all NOS

floyd111

finally got me some front sheepskins, be it they're for my daily driver, since they are surely not NOS.

floyd111

finally the second NOS headlight wiper motor

floyd111

O joy of joys, I finally found a second phone system for my daily driver. An affordable Becker AT70
Together with the Telefunken 8050 for the Concourse car, that closes another chapter in the car phone story.
I can now start looking into modifying them into usable GSM 4 phones

floyd111

Then, for my daily driver, I have been looking to save some weight.
Found the aluminum power steering pump.
I am now awaiting news on whether there my next shipment will be containing the aluminium bonnet and trunk.

floyd111

and then there were some nice finds along the way. It was a very good month in that aspect.
Got all 3 baffle plates sorted:

floyd111

Then there is this 1974 MB Unfallmappe. Complete with camera. A lovely find!
How to recognize the 80's from the 70's model?
The secret lies in the camera type. This is a 1974-made camera.

floyd111

Then I accidentaly bumped into this inconspicious add for some booklets.
What's that? Another "first 1000 miles" brochure!

floyd111

Could help but get this one as well. It's a gentleman's thing to have a set of these in the car, preferably in the matching interior or paint color.

floyd111

Managd to score 2x Becker Reims along the way, at a very fair price.
The brackets that hold the Becker amplifier are available at Koenings, btw, and not too costly!

floyd111

And, finally a perfect halter for my 3rd Minimax. Sometimes time zones are a good thing. All of Europe was asleep when this was posted on eBay!

floyd111

And, I bit the bullet and ordered a complete W116-specific ABS outfit, that includes all the titbits required.
Also got the ABS manual, and for once, I ended up paying way too much.
They're available on Marktplaats.nl for 20 euros! Too late. Can't win m all.

Biggest worry should be "retro-fitting it!

Hopefully we will have some good support from the new UK mechanic that's arriving here this week.
Just like his fellow countryman that's already here, he is 65 years old, with decades of experience.
Add to that our IVECO-trained German rookie, and I'd think that together, they should be able to pull this off.

Peter

Love that Telefunken and cant wait to see it fitted in the W116

floyd111

BTWE, update on the sticker set. I should have all of them back from the factory in 3 weeks. All 20+stickers done in waterproof paper/plastic or aluminium. The "first 1000KM booklet as well.
Haven't sent the Tempomat and headlight stickers samples yet.
Haven't ordered the MB-available stickers neither.