News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

280" Concourse; Diary of a layman

Started by floyd111, 09 March 2015, 04:44 AM

ptashek

Is it the list that jbrasille posted about in the past?
It had a treasure trove of NOS things - and I've completely forgotten about it until now :D
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

floyd111

I kind of doubt it. Over the years, I have not seen JBrasil mentioning impressive pricing like this. It was basically just about average.
I am trading a kidney this week, to get my hands on a few pallets of this stuff.

ptashek

Well, make your pick, and share the list with us, if you can :)
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

floyd111

PM sent with that parts list
Please note that I have not yet filtered out the stuff I need myself, (x2), but much of it is available in higher quantities.
let me know your wish list and I'll get you quotes.
You'll have to finish any deals yourself, and arrange for your own shipper to do a pick-up.
Can't relay these through Taiwan..
Time is of an issue though.. You want to be part of my bulk buy to get the best pricing.

s class

Quote from: floyd111 on 23 September 2015, 07:25 PM
Seller says it can be modified to fit, but the compressor will turn slower because it's a 7" and not a 6.5". That means less cold, no?

The problem is not so much the clutch diameter, but the offset of the v-groove.  If you try to use that clutch on an M110, the belt will either skew rearwards or forwards, depending if you use the rear or forward v-groove.  Doing so will wear out the crankshaft thrust bearing, unless you slot the compressor mounting bracket to allow it to adjust rearwards or forwards and eliminate the skewing. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

floyd111

We thank you again!
Saved myself 150usd and a headache!

here's a photo for your troubles, haha!
Shame it isn't a W116

karmann_20v

I'd also like to have a look at the available parts, please.

BTW, I wonder how is the quality of the Turkish made stickers and how well will they last overtime - this only time will tell...

floyd111

karmann_20v

daantjie

Quote from: floyd111 on 25 September 2015, 09:35 PM
PM sent to Karmann and Co

Can you please PM me the list as well?
Cheers
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

daantjie

Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

karmann_20v

So I have identified 14 part numbers that I can buy, I understand that you are still working with this supplier, but can you maybe shed some light on their location so we can have a rough idea what shipping costs we are looking at?

Also on the quotes you already received, how do they compare to online sources that display the OEM part prices, such as MB of South Atlanta, or ECS?

floyd111

First, let me have the 14 part numbers, so I can prepare some work.
No updates on the location for now, but the difference should be ample to ward shipping from where ever. The idea is to combi ship, so that brings down costs a lot.
South Atlanta and ECS are only good for the odd time they have an NLA part. Never seen a price there I would agree to.
So yes, the prices I normally pay are half of what they charge.
If you are IN the US, and only need a single small part, maybe you're better of buying locally. In all other cases this should be worth it.
I am cranking up this bulk deal by emptying their W201 stocks as well, and your possible requirements add there as well.
I have a mate considering buying their complete MB stocks at the right price.
For now, this thing still looks very interesting. Worth investigating. Nothing to lose but a hour of anyone's time.

floyd111

Small update for the parts list people.. Negotiations are ongoing, now suddenly hampered by the sudden smell of potential profit. It  has tainted initial good will quite a bit but I am trying to make it work still.
This is not a quick or easy process.

karmann_20v

Thanks for the update! I sent you my list over IM, btw.

Just let us know how it goes.