News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

2014 and the 116

Started by oversize, 01 January 2014, 06:48 PM

oversize

Happy New Year everyone!   :D 8)

Well 2014 will bring some big changes for me, but it's started off well so lets hope that trend continues....  First off I'll be swapping over some struts and changing oils, before I move them ALL to a new home.  I just bought another 40' shipping container which should help with some of the parts and furniture.  Pictures will follow in the coming months.

So what does everyone have planned for 2014 and their own projects?
1979 6.9 #5541 (Red Bull)
1978 6.9 #4248 (Skye)
1979 6.9 #3686 (Moby Dick)
1978 6.9 #1776 (Dora)
1977 450SEL #7010 white -P
1975 450SEL #8414 gold -P

KenM

Hope the move goes well Oversize, I'm going to be concentrating on maintaining the 300TD first off this year, it's become a daily driver so it has to be reliable. I figure it's still good experience, fairly similar to

the 116. I've been cutting out a bit of rust so that sort of experience will definately translate, some diabolical design flaws on the 123 chassis in that regard it seems.

Anyway a happy new year to all.

marku

Determined to replace the front wings and a complete respray. Have got the wings and I have been surprised at how easily they come off. The cost of the respray is something else though. Seriously considering if I can make a half decent finish myself but will have to wait on the better weather.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

...make 'em and the gods laugh.   Nothing major, replacing the exhaust manifolds with non-cat versions,  a recurved distributor and deleting the rest of the smog junk....that ought to make the old barge move along a bit smarter and run cooler...

Cosmetically, fitting the near-complete set of Euro lights I landed last year.   There's a set of 15" Pentas,  16" staggered AMG monos or a 17" Lorinser wheelset to choose from...

Interior...better speakers and an aux input for the Becker....

There's an alloy hood from an SD I'm considering fitting too...bought that for the cost of scrap metal :)   If I can find an alloy trunk lid, I'll do the trim delete too...

Still looking for a similar condition SD....and willing to trade..heck, I'd consider a 350SD/L