News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

2 door W116?

Started by Des, 14 October 2007, 04:28 AM

Des

Do you think there should have been a 2 door W116?

I say yes, one thing I love about w116 cars, is the room and relaxation for the driver, the bit fat flat area across the top of the door trim for your arm, the bit fat armrest for your other arm.
W123's are great cars, but frankly for someone over 6 feet tall they are cramped, even with the seat all the way back.  I think a 2 door pillarless version would have been great, maybe only available in 6.9 trim, silver with some suttle gills in the guards.

nathan

Desmondo,
(i feel we are close enough now for me to be so brazen)
does your 123 have a sunroof?  my sister in laws 280 doesnt, and at 6'3", i easily fit...however, in my wifes 230 123 with a sunroof, my head is on the lining already...i dont know if the roof actually takes up that much space or maybe the seats arent very plush on the 280 which i fit in and im sagging into space?
just a thought
ps that old 2 dr photoshopped 116 looked pretty sweet
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Des

Quote from: nathan on 14 October 2007, 09:28 AM
Desmondo,
(i feel we are close enough now for me to be so brazen)
does your 123 have a sunroof? 

No sunroof no, although I am planning to give it one myself in summer with the help of a angle grinder

I have the seat all the way back and still find it restrictive.

Brian Crump

Dear Des,
You need an ML500. That way you will have;
1. Plenty of room and a sunroof.
2. Plenty of power.
3. A back seat should there ever be any animals in your life.
4. A reasonable price. Because the new ML has been so successful, the older MLs are good buying value now - and many have never seen anything more challenging than Toorak Shopping Centre or Sandy Point Car Park. MBS has them now for less than $40,000 with a full 2 year warranty.
5. Mud is available in a pressure pack from reputable 4WD stores should you want the authentic look. Mine has it from a week in country Victoria followed by a rainstorm and water restrictions and 8 dogs sticking their noses onto the inside or the windows. I'm going to buy a blue singlet to complete the image... ;D
Regards,
BC

Des

Brian, mate, I highly respect your opinions and tastes on 4 door saloons, however...

The G Wagen side by side with a M, there really is only one choice....

Brian Crump

But Des!!! A G-Wagen is so, err, umm, tough!!! Are you ready for such a trip yet? I mean, if you have a G-Wagen, REAL mud is mandatory - otherwise the farmers will laugh at it. A shiny, pristine G would be too naff to talk about.
The ONLY people I know personally who own G-Wagens are both female and are retired Court Judges. One loves her blue (never been cleaned or polished) Wagen cos she can take the lettuces to market when the creek is up and the other is selling hers and buying a tractor cos she says the Wagen is a bit of a 'wuss' car.
Oh my!! Are you sure you want to keep up with the Joneses, Des?
Nah -buy an ML and have some respect for your chiropractor!!
Regards,
BC
PS: Miss Olga says you may buy one if it is the Brabus version.... :o

WGB

Quote from: Brian Crump on 15 October 2007, 01:35 AM
The ONLY people I know personally who own G-Wagens are both female and are retired Court Judges. Regards,
BC
PS: Miss Olga says you may buy one if it is the Brabus version.... :o

Nathan I never realised you were female and a retired court judge ;D

You might be surprised Des how good an ML 500 is - both on the road and off.

Bill

nathan

Des, you truly are a beautiful man, and wise...you are always welcome in WA
BC, we shall never communicate again!  you are not welcome in WA! ;)
Bill, you didnt meet me before the operation
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Brian Crump

QuoteThe ONLY people I know personally who own G-Wagens are both female and are retired Court Judges.
Oh the great failure of our modern education system; people who DON'T read what is written!!  :o I don't know you personally Nathan.  Or at least, I didn't recognise you after the OP. Both the people to whom I refer live in Sydney.  ;D - AND, they let me ride in their G-Wagens so long as my dental work is up to date.  ;)
Regards,
BC

Des

Bill, Brian, I'm sorry but side by side,
http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=280geml430lg1.jpg

well the only thing the G Wagen is missing is one of these on a turret on the roof

Brian Crump

Dear Des,
I would be only too pleased for you to buy a G-Wagen. They are wonderful devices and so useful. I simply question the marginal utility of money spent on a G versus that spent on an ML.  ;D
Likewise, an AK47 is wonderful in a traffic jam - a Luger is more subtle though....
Regards,
BC

WGB

Yes Des - I know the photo is taken outside Nathan's dad's place and yes I agree Nathan's Dad's ML 500 looks even better than Nathan's red Panzerwagon alongside . ;D

My 164 model is even better - both looking and in action - standard height adjustable (5 height)air suspension, three diff locks and the rest of the off road pro pack with full underbody protection will get you anywhere (and ceramic clear-coat to protect against the scratches)

The only thing they could have improved on is to put the three way adjustable shockie switch on the steering wheel instead of on the dash - because it is so useful.

Bill

500eguy

god, g wagons are the Buisness

Sev

Quote from: Des on 15 October 2007, 02:30 AM
Bill, Brian, I'm sorry but side by side,
http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=280geml430lg1.jpg

well the only thing the G Wagen is missing is one of these on a turret on the roof

I'd rather have the SAW on any day of the week 8)

Sev

furthermore I've seen a custom 116 two door, and pics of a 201 two door.