News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

1976 Sbarro W116 6.9 Gullwing

Started by Nutz, 14 February 2010, 12:03 PM

flutes

Looks like a fair amount of bodywork from a w126 SEC went into making that.  Yikes what a monster.
Matt
1977 450SEL

Big_Richard

It would appear that the only part that is a w116 is the front cut, the rear end is a 126 SEC.

Fail to see the point - surly it would be easier to transplant a 6.9 and running gear into a 126 anyway, but then being a 126 chassis it would have to pass the relevent emisions standards around at the time of the 126's release.

Its been on eBay before, and im sure last time it was on there the starting bid was 1/3rd of that put up now. Dreamer.

Martin 280s

One more dead W116! It looks like an American muscle car prototype built up for a motorshow. Sad  :( :( :(

M110COUPE

a bastardised car needs a bastardised word....FUGLY

Makes me want to hurl.

koan

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Big_Richard

sec's are nice cars when they don't come complete with the very popular optional extra factory installed penetrating rust throughout the body.

TJ 450

Quote from: Major Tom on 03 March 2010, 09:49 AM
sec's are nice cars when they don't come complete with the very popular optional extra factory installed penetrating rust throughout the body.

I second that comment. ;)

SECs have a lot of potential and are very refined cars to drive, too. I'm not a fan of the gullwing conversion look though.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

flutes

A Gullwing conversion just seems so completely pointless.  Just because something is different, doesn't mean it's better.

And those badges - yikes could they not have had badges made in the proper Mercedes style?
Matt
1977 450SEL

WGB

The original Sbarro was a well known show car at the time - presumably this is a copy.

Bill