News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

13B - the thread hijacker

Started by Des, 02 January 2008, 03:43 AM

Des

mate, did you ever lookup the original owner, from memory he came from VIC some where?

I did and remember there was only like 2 people in the phone book with the owners last name, after 30 years may well have moved onto greener pastures, one would guess the age of people buying these cars must have been 40's - 50's

I am interested to hear about your racing, something I've pondered about getting into,

have you found another 116 for a race car? Or just going to race the 6.9?
Is there much contact in the racing you are involved with?

In the latest issue of Mercedes Enthusiast there is a W123 280CE with a later 5.6 v8 from the W126 series, the idea of that really appeals to me as a racer, with a 1400KG W123 and the HP near a 6.9 it would be mind blowing, granted the 5.6 dosen't have quite as much torque

yeah

interested to hear what you are up to

:) Des

13B

I'm in the process of closing a deal on a suitable car for club activities... I'll not say more at the moment incase it falls thru but you'll hear about it here 1st with pictures if it does come to fruition...  suffice to say that if all goes to plan it should be up to racing duties for about the cost of a 6.9 water pump.

I got into motorsports because I'm into cars and so is my family, but mainly because I'm unfit and was after a sport that was exciting and I could do sitting down.  Bugger running around a field...

Contact?  you mean cars hitting each other on the race track?  Not at club level... a few people who can't build their cars right or are too inexperienced spear off the track and it tyre-walls, sand-runoff etc. but rarely hit walls hard enough to write off a car.

I think a 123 with a 5.6 would definately do the trick.  Cams however would call it a 'sports sedan' even though it has 2 doors, and put it up agains Toranas with 6L Chev engines etc.

speaking the thread hijacking, I'll hijack my own thread and ask what I'm sure is on everyone elses mind...

where have you been the last month or so???

I.
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

Des

yep contact being scraping panels, cool

I was thinking of the V8 conversion on my 4 door W123..

interesting, well I am unfit as well so sounds like my sort of sport,

Work is killing me mate, I'm on leave at the moment, bored nothing to do, except buy cars, looked at a 280CE the other day, thinking about a Jag, TT is on the way for '08