News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

116 Lorinser?

Started by Mforcer, 17 April 2011, 07:03 PM

Mforcer

Seeing the photos of the 116 Lorinser made me think about the styling compared to the standard original W116 and the more common AMG mods.

On first look, I do like the look of the 116 Lorinser but then always think that if I wanted a 116 that looked like a 126, I would buy a 126. But when did Lorinser design the body kit? I don't know. But if it was before the 126 was ever displayed, then Lorinser were truly ahead in design. And that makes their design much more impressive.

The AMG design is great on the 116 as it keeps much of the 116 design that is so distinctive and great and there will never be a downside to that :)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

1980sdga

Thanks for posting that!  I've never heard of Lorinser.  I know about the BMW "M" and the newer Merc AMG's.

Where do Lorinser and AMG fit in? Or does Lorinser use AMG designations?

I can see a lot of 126 in the lines of that car...

Mforcer

Lorinser, I believe, is in no way connected to Mercedes-Benz or AMG. Lorinser was, like AMG before AMG were bought out by Mercedes-Benz, an independent customiser with a focus on Mercedes-Benz cars. Other similar current Mercedes Benz tuners include Brabus, Carlsson, Kleemann, Renntech and MKB (not all exist at the time of our W116).

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-AMG
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200