News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Where do the ads come from?

Started by koan, 14 April 2008, 09:32 PM

koan

Where do the ads that appear in the "W 116 S-Class Enthusiasts Group" banner at the top of the page?

I particularly like the "Convert Car To Water Fuel Learn How Simple Device Can Increase Mileage 50% or More"

I'm not interested in going half way, I'll wait for 100% water.

Seriously, does it do anything for the forum's credibility?

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

nathan

interesting point actually Koan,
i'd never thought about it!  i hope admin is making a sound retirement fund from them and the barrage is not for free!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

oscar

My guess is that the google ads help pay for the site and I've noticed they basically match what is in the text in posts. 

Eg, if I type - super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman  ::) over and over, the ads should relate to those subjects. 

Here goes - super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman, super heroes, superman, spiderman and naked wonder woman,

EDIT: or maybe not.  I swear that trick has worked before.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

koan

That seemed to pretty well oscar ... not!

I'm not complaining about the ads of if there is a huge income stream flowing from them, just wondering how they get selected etc.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Mforcer

The ads come from Google selling the ad space depending on the key words and the geographical location of the viewer.

Admin tells me that the ads just cover the cost of hosting the site. Admin hasn't given up his day job with the ad revenue from this site.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200