Author Topic: Uploading Pictures fail  (Read 1951 times)

goldacre

• Classic
Uploading Pictures fail
« on: 27 November 2014, 03:01 AM »
Fail  :'( Went to the new link here... 'Please trial the new software at http://gallery.w116.org/piwigo/.' and there is the caveat about don't link but thinking it should also say 'don't upload either'?

Attempting to upload my Bindoon Vintage car Festival Pics from September 2014 but after the IT 'merry-go-round' (you know the one, where you follow all prompts and nothing happens) nothing happened  :'(

Any help and/or assistance appreciated  :)

Goldacre

PS Tried Firefox (latest) and Internet Explorer but same deal (as in no deal)
12/1979 450 SEL 136K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

motec6.9

• Classic
Re: Uploading Pictures fail
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2014, 05:17 AM »
I just upload pictures from my computer with Attachments and other options . Then browse and open then post.
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

goldacre

• Classic
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2014, 04:10 AM »
Hi Motec6.9, good work your end, still no luck my end here, cannot create an album or upload, when I click on the function to do so in either instance I get a black cross comes up and nothing and in the other function nothing as well. Going down the path of 'You are using the Flash uploader. Problems? Try the Browser uploader instead' still no function, turned off firewall and still nothing. Maybe my computer needs more software to make it function but over it now, no sharing of pics from my album  :'(

G
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

motec6.9

• Classic
« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2014, 05:52 AM »
Ok they should upload if they are stored on your computer not sure what is happening. Unless file is to large. Attachments and other options

Notify me of replies.
 Return to this topic.
 Don't use smileys.
Attach:  (Clear Attachment)  (more attachments)Restrictions: maximum total size 10240KB, maximum individual size 512KB
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

goldacre

• Classic
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2014, 04:35 AM »
Hi motec6.9 (is that your unit under the bonnet in that picture? coooooooooool  8))

Have all my pics resized to about 140kb to 350kb so that should be good, pics on laptop but the site wont allow me to create a gallery and/or upload, all the options have no function and tried them all, many times :( maybe a work laptop thing but doubt it as i had to remind them the laptop had no 'security' so they eventually got around to it  :-\

Bummer  :-[

PS: in Perth this weekend Sunday, you and/or TJ450 interested in a 'HTF do i upload' workshop near a cafe around TJ450s side of Perth? My shout  :) we can strike it up as a W116.org Perth meet before 2014 runs away from us  :o let me know and will dust off the Merc  ;D