News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

names on the forum

Started by Des, 27 October 2007, 11:51 PM

Des

how about.....I dono.....David?

:D  :D

Big_Richard

Quote from: Des on 30 October 2007, 06:26 AM
how about.....I dono.....David?

:D  :D

No, I don't like it when people call me David. It makes me want to punch them in the mouth.  :o

In the real world, I'm known as "Newbie" in the work place (permanently) and "Dave" everywhere else.

Des

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 30 October 2007, 06:38 AM

No, I don't like it when people call me David. It makes me want to punch them in the mouth.  :o

In the real world, I'm known as "Newbie" in the work place (permanently) and "Dave" everywhere else.

I can possibly draw some parallels to that, I get called Desmond when I have done something wrong or some one is about to correct me.

Maybe it is the same for you?

:D :D  :D

Big_Richard

Quote from: Des on 30 October 2007, 06:41 AM
Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 30 October 2007, 06:38 AM

I can possibly draw some parallels to that, I get called Desmond when I have done something wrong or some one is about to correct me.

Maybe it is the same for you?

:D :D  :D

Yes!

That's exactly right - It brings back memories of my childhood, after a night of traumatizing my mother with tantrums and having wooden spoons broken on my backside. My mothers biggest threat was "Just you wait till dad gets home, I'm telling him everything". Then its like, oh shit. Moments after he walked in the door it was "DAVID!!" then its time to RUN!

John Hubertz

Until I was 7 I thought my name was Dammit....

My Dad would get home and it was always (freeeeeep!  thrump!!!)  and then "Dammit!!  Who left those skates on the $%*& STEPS!!"

;D
John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]

Big_Richard

Quote from: John Hubertz on 30 October 2007, 07:02 AM
Until I was 7 I thought my name was Dammit....

My Dad would get home and it was always (freeeeeep!  thrump!!!)  and then "Dammit!!  Who left those skates on the $%*& STEPS!!"

;D

bwahahaha. Excellent job :D

nathan

PB,
"No, I don't like it when people call me David. It makes me want to punch them in the mouth"
i shall remember to wear my mouthguard next time we meet!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

crayford

QuoteThat's exactly right - It brings back memories of my childhood, after a night of traumatizing my mother with tantrums and having wooden spoons broken on my backside. My mothers biggest threat was "Just you wait till dad gets home, I'm telling him everything". Then its like, oh shit. Moments after he walked in the door it was "DAVID!!" then its time to RUN!

Do all mothers come from the same school of punishment? This is my childhood, except my mother would yell "Caroline" instead of David. Obviously... ::).

PB / Dave - based on your summation of yourself, may I suggest a name change to Costanza?

s class

I was amused this Sunday when the MB club South Africa met for our region's year-end function.  I introduced my self as Ryan, and got unanimous blank looks.  Then I said, I'm 's class', and faces lit up as someone said - you're the 6.9 guy!.  So I guess I have to stick with s class else no one will know who I am. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

CraigS

[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

SELfor50

Quote from: styria on 05 November 2007, 03:34 PM
long and intricate user names such as SELfor50 where, as a rule, I am inclined to be lazy and utilize the first name (no offence intended, Cameron).

None taken mate! ;)  I chose SELfor50 cause I bought my 116 for $300 and thought I'll probably end up selling this for $50!  :D  hahaaa... but it also translates to SEL of the 450 Kind.
Either way, i'd rather people use Cameron / Cam. 
As a rule, I don't like using my last name due to reasons associated with my career.

I also settle for Maaaaaate, Brother, Champ, Chief, Dude, Kuz... and occasionally God.   ::) :D

Cam.  :)

koan

Quote from: SELfor50 on 05 November 2007, 06:07 PM

As a rule, I don't like using my last name due to reasons associated with my career.

Ahhh, I see, you must be a politician.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

crayford

Quote from: koan on 05 November 2007, 07:45 PM
Quote from: SELfor50 on 05 November 2007, 06:07 PM

koan

Haven't you seen the Datto battling through the mountains of journos at the entrance to Parliament House?  ;D ;D

oscar

Quote from: s class on 05 November 2007, 03:47 PM
I introduced my self as Ryan, and got unanimous blank looks.  Then I said, I'm 's class', and faces lit up

That's hillarious  :D :D

Considering how many times you or others throw in your name in posts, it goes to show how the usernames become more recognisable with a poster.

SELfor50 - like styria I loathe typing that name.  But I didn't realise how it was concoted. "sell for $50"  That's great!! :D
Too polite to drop the caps on SELfor50, if Cam is cool then Cam it is - or Maaaaaate, Brother, Champ, Chief, Dude, Kuz... and occasionally God, depends how next race goes ;D

Quote from: koan on 05 November 2007, 07:45 PM

You must have seen the pic of Cam and little Johnny in the gallery somewhere.  He's Johnny's right hand man - or left hand, I can't remember ;D
1973 350SE, my first & fave

SELfor50

Hahahah... I just noticed the stuff up the top..

Sorry peoples, thankfully - i'm not a polly! ;)