News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

names on the forum

Started by Des, 27 October 2007, 11:51 PM

crayford

QuoteI like socks for Christmas.

Mr Hubertz - we know much about you, but not your sock size  ;).

OMG oscar - I thought you were really oscar  :o. It's one of my favourite names. Not that Simon's no good  :-[, but I had a vision of you as an oscar... :P

I find a person's username can convey an idea of them than can be spot on, or totally wide of the mark, just depending on your personal associations with the name...

Des

Quote from: crayford on 29 October 2007, 02:35 AM

OMG oscar - I thought you were really oscar  :o. It's one of my favourite names. Not that Simon's no good  :-[, but I had a vision of you as an oscar... :P

funny thing is, I did too
I had to send Oscar/Simon a CD once, I got this letter in the mail from some guy called Simon, who the heck is that?!?! Oh "that's" Oscar

:D  :D ;D

CraigS

That being the case, and since "Oscar" was named after his dog, did you have visions of him being a bitch, or .............?

Quote from: crayford on 29 October 2007, 02:35 AM

I find a person's username can convey an idea of them than can be spot on, or totally wide of the mark, just depending on your personal associations with the name...
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

oscar

Or visions of the male rotti/newfoundland cross ;D  No photos of oscar sorry.  :( 
But Simon it is and I apologise to any real Oscars out there who's name has been used.  But spare a thought for the number of Michaels on the board.  There's heaps.

What's funny, of the times I've spoken to styria on the phone, more often than not we call each other styria and oscar, they're our callsigns.   Just like TopGun.  ::)  We draw the line at singing covers of Righteous Brothers songs though. ;D
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Mercules

When I joined this forum (after I had explored it briefly) I really had no idea who or what was really in here.

Like all other forums I had participated in virtually every other member, including myself, used an alias. Having a very unique surname, I guess it holds a certain level of anonimity for me... I didn't really think twice about joining W116.org with an alias - I have always been happy to use my first name to sign off my posts and Mercules seemed like a humerous, witty and endearing alias to use.

It was only after a few days did I realise that the gents here are refined, worldly and highly respectable (***well most of you***) and I would quite happily share my time both inside and outside this forum with you all (***well most of you***). I look forward to many more intruiging topics and many more club meetings - I hope to get my yellow abomination on the road and around Australia to meet as many of the Australian members as possible, and any other members who visit (cheers Frikkie!)

Can I change my forum name without stuffing up my previous posts?

Cameron

nathan

that was nicely put John,
i too would publish my address but PB lives in my state and hence, i shall not leave the windows open either...
hang on a minute, he knows where i live anyhow
crap...que noise of phone hanging up and footsteps running off
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Big_Richard

Quote from: nathan on 29 October 2007, 07:13 AM
that was nicely put John,
i too would publish my address but PB lives in my state and hence, i shall not leave the windows open either...
hang on a minute, he knows where i live anyhow
crap...que noise of phone hanging up and footsteps running off

Dude - your the one with various body parts in zip lock bags in your boot from the weekend chop shop illegal involuntary surgery you operate ;)

Why don't you tell everyone what happend to the last guy that criticized your 6.9 collection ;)

Big_Richard

I think im ready to change my name from patrick bateman. For some reason everyone assumes im a serial killer.  ::)

Unfortunatly, because someone WHINGED about me changing my name in the old days, the feature is no longer available. Seems like a pretty lame rule - Just as lame as a person taking issue with another not using their real name on a publicly accessable internet forum.

Des

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 30 October 2007, 05:01 AM
Just as lame as a person taking issue with another not using their real name on a publicly accessable internet forum.

I was expressing my opinion on an issue I felt others may have a similar view,
seems I am in a minority,

that's fine.

I think everyone here is entitled to their constructive comments, if it benefits the forum as a whole.

Big_Richard

Quote from: Des on 30 October 2007, 05:18 AM
Just as lame as a person taking issue with another not using their real name on a publicly accessable internet forum.

I was expressing my opinion on an issue I felt others may have a similar view,
seems I am in a minority,

that's fine.

I think everyone here is entitled to their constructive comments, if it benefits the forum as a whole.

My apologies if my comment was taken as a harsh one. But, in this day and age where nothing is sacred, and people out there will murder there own mother for 50c, I feel safer remaining anonymous. This should be any forum members right, and revealing any information about them selves, should be purely up to the individuals discretion. Its a car forum not a lonely hearts club.  ;D

CraigS

Probably more likely to get real names here !

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 30 October 2007, 06:02 AM

Its a car forum not a lonely hearts club. 
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

Des

But, in this day and age where nothing is sacred, and people out there will murder there own mother for 50c, I feel safer remaining anonymous. This should be any forum members right, and revealing any information about them selves, should be purely up to the individuals discretion. Its a car forum not a lonely hearts club.  ;D

That's fine mate, I agree 100% with you there.

Big_Richard

Quote from: CraigS on 30 October 2007, 06:06 AM
Probably more likely to get real names here !

Its a car forum not a lonely hearts club. 

Hi,

I'm Dave,
I'm 43, I'm still a virgin, I'm unemployed, I'm bald, I'm morbidly obese and I live with my parents. I also have chronic halitosis.

I'm looking for a very tolerant lover who likes the cheaper things in life.

Please phone 123 45678

Mforcer

I think im ready to change my name from patrick bateman. For some reason everyone assumes im a serial killer.  ::)

Unfortunatly, because someone WHINGED about me changing my name in the old days, the feature is no longer available. Seems like a pretty lame rule - Just as lame as a person taking issue with another not using their real name on a publicly accessable internet forum.

Can we expect a return of Big Richard?!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Big_Richard

Quote from: Mforcer on 30 October 2007, 06:12 AM
I think I'm ready to change my name from patrick bateman. For some reason everyone assumes I'm a serial killer.  ::)

Unfortunately, because someone WHINGED about me changing my name in the old days, the feature is no longer available. Seems like a pretty lame rule - Just as lame as a person taking issue with another not using their real name on a publicly accessable internet forum.

Can we expect a return of Big Richard?!

Big Richard is no more.

I will take some time to decide on a new name, for my final permanent name. I'm well and truly sick of this one.  ::)