Author Topic: Malware warnings again  (Read 5308 times)

oscar

• W116 Addict
Re: Malware warnings again
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2010, 04:15 AM »
Granted you can't read every post so this is just to compare notes with others.  I saw flutes say something about a malware warning connected to the gallery recently and the day before I had one too when clicking on someone's gallery link.  I didn't get a malware warning straight up but there was a popup with java starting in the middle.  Last time my computer did that it did get a fake virus scan thing.  This time however I pulled the plug on the modem and hit the X button to stop loading the page.  I looked through SmartScreen Filter which didn't show anything and the thirdparty cookies that were blocked were the doubleclickadd thing plus a google address. I closed java from the bottom right and reloaded the page and no probs.  No idea what caused the java thing to start.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

oscar

• W116 Addict
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2010, 04:26 AM »
Don't know if this helps but I got the java thing just now through the gallery link, let it run then got this which is the real thing.  I know I tweaked security settings recently but not sure what.  So no damage done.  Pressed cancel and reloaded page and no dramas.  However, does posting this IP help.

KenM

• Vintage
  • Yeah magnets
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2010, 04:44 AM »
I'm beginning to be glad I paid some nerdy computer expert to come and sort out my systems, I run my work softwares off these computers so I can't afford to have this kind of thing take my system down. So far so good it seems, if it helps, I have firefox, spybot, malwarebytes, peer guardian, CC cleaner and AVG free, between them all they seem to be keeping me running ok. (crosses apendages)
Mexican girl: 'We could go for a walk outside and you can kiss me on the verandah'
Chevy Chase: 'On the lips will be fine'

3 amigos

admin

• Administrator
  • Drinks leaded fuel for breakfast
    • www.w116.org
« Reply #18 on: 06 October 2010, 06:23 PM »
I have reinstalled the gallery software from scratch which should ensure no more nasties.

oscar

• W116 Addict
« Reply #19 on: 06 October 2010, 06:46 PM »
Thanks admin! ;)