Author Topic: how to post pics ?  (Read 2843 times)

450SLC 5.6 supercharged

• Enthusiast
how to post pics ?
« on: 06 October 2010, 05:01 PM »
how in the earth do i post  a pic ?
supercharger6.9

npk

• Enthusiast
Re: how to post pics ?
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2010, 05:02 PM »
I am also trying to figure out....I am sure someone will help us soon

450SLC 5.6 supercharged

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2010, 05:06 PM »
thank  god im not alone with this   LOL   and i hope some will  help us  here
supercharger6.9

SELfor50

• Vintage
  • I Cook Brakes
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2010, 05:25 PM »
Hey Mate, good to see you back here.  I e-mailed you about posting up your latest projects. ;)

To post pictures, if you upload them in the "Gallery" section (link at top) or into somewhere like Photobucket, you can add the links to the pictures here by pressing the button on the left of the big earth picture used to post links on the left side.

Look forward to seeing some of these pics.

Cam.
"Man who come first, wins race." -Unknown

-= 1978 - 450 SEL [Euro] =-  Locked
-= 1976 - 450 SE 6.9 #2 =-  New Heart

KenM

• Vintage
  • Yeah magnets
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2010, 05:59 PM »
Check out a tutorial on Picasa posted by Flutes in the site news and issues area.
Mexican girl: 'We could go for a walk outside and you can kiss me on the verandah'
Chevy Chase: 'On the lips will be fine'

3 amigos

WGB

• W116 Addict
  • And on the eighth day he made the 116
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2010, 06:00 PM »
That is correct.

They have to be posted somewhere that is accessible via the internet - I personally use www.photobucket.com - and then when writing the post you press the picture button ( "[lmg][/lmg]"appears and cut and paste the address of the picture between the square brackets .

It has to be exactly betwen the brackets - if you slip with the cursor it will not work.

You can check the result with the "preview" button and keep the size of the picture file to the smallest possible size or it takes forever to load.

Bill

450SLC 5.6 supercharged

• Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2010, 04:50 PM »
thanks  folks out there   and of course  this is the way to go  damn i totally forgot  how to upload LOL , i got some help  so  soon my turbo pics is coming here  , okay its  not a w116   BUT  i hope its okay after all.
supercharger6.9

goldacre

• Classic
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2010, 06:39 PM »
Hi 450...

I recently had success uploading pics and decided to use the forum gallery and after some experimentation (before committing the album) i got what i wanted and very happy with results. As mentioned you can preview your thread with pics to see everything is how you want it. You may have to experiment with how you default the album set up to you purpose, this took a little time but user friendly so no grief (i numbered my pics at the beginning of the file name to get the order i needed)

What i found useful was to copy and past the link to the image in the gallery into a word document and add the text above or below the picture link and format everything on the word doc. Then just copy and paste into your thread and preview and it should be looking good ;)

This info from Oscar was magic on a re size program that's free and puts itself into the right click mode of the mouse making use easy (just remember to refresh the folder as it creates the image re-sized at the bottom of the folder and can get lost in a big folder) it will rename the pic with a number annotated to the original file name...

A word of warning, you need to resize digital or scanned pics otherwise, imageshack or any other pic hosting site wont accept huge files.  The easiest way to do it is download Windows Image Resizer which'll cut down high res, memory hungry pics to sizes that are memory efficient and still clear.  They'll look like any of my pics I've posted.
 Here's a link to read what it does
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx
 Here's a link to download the program
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

So resize first, upload to phto host, then copy and past embeddable code.  Hope that helps.  Regards,
Simon

This technology reduced 800kb pics to around 85kb so worth the investment for those preserving bandwidth and upload times  :)

Goldacre
12/1979 450 SEL 136K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

oscar

• W116 Addict
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2010, 03:04 AM »
I'm like the droooling Homer Simpson here!

Just a quick word on picture resizing.  I'm still using Windows XP because I hate change, but it should be said that that resize powertoy upload doesn't work for Vista or W7.   There is no free "right click" menu to resize applications for these windows versions that I know of.
However, for Vista there's a tool called "Snipping Tool" which I've downloaded and used to resize on the Mrs' laptop.
There's the same or similar thing for Windows 7 which I put on a couple of computers at work but be damned if I remember where I got thenm from.  Google "Snipping tool" or "Picture Resizer" for  "Vista" or "Windows7" and see how you go.

I use http://imageshack.us/ for uploading images, however, they do seem to carry a bit of spam stuff if you don't block it out properly.  Although I've got it set up for right click uploads and have no problems, I think www.photobucket.com  is safer and good to use.  Plus that picasa (I love picasa the program) but the picasa tutorial by Flutes was really good. Link

Good luck fellas.  Once you get round the terms of img tags and code and stuff and what to copy and paste you'll soon get the hang of it and post pics in no time.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

thysonsacclaim

• Vintage
    • Fortasse | Action at a distance
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2010, 10:55 AM »
Also, there's an XP Power Toy clone for Vista and up.

You can find it here:

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
Adam

Fortasse
[Personal Ramblings]
http://www.fortasse.com

Morbid Rodz
[My Brother]
http://www.morbid-rodz.com

1974 450SE, Ikon Gold, Tan interior

oscar

• W116 Addict