How do you post bigger pictures from imageshack?

Started by gregdeklerk, 26 February 2007, 02:29 AM

gregdeklerk

When ever I post a picture and review the post, it always seems to show the thumb nail only? Some of you other guys get to post bigger pictures. What is the trick? I just click on the link for posting in forums??

oscar

Hi Greg,

Imageshack has changed hasn't it.  Good in some ways but here's what you do.

If you goto "My images" left click on the image you want then right click "view image".  Towards the bottom of the page under the pic you'll see "Get linking code".  Right click that button then copy the code for "Hotlink for forums (1)". 

Similarly, after you've uploaded a pic to imageshack, the page shows the linking codes.  Copy the "Hotlink for forums (1)" link and you'll link the big pic.

Hope that helps ;)

1973 350SE, my first & fave

gregdeklerk

Now that is much better! Thanks Oscar. I have a bottle of Nederberg Cabernet waiting for you.

Greg

oscar

1973 350SE, my first & fave

s class

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

gregdeklerk

Durbanville Hills to be exact, not far from where I live.

robgee

Hey Greg good looking car just a question looking at the license plate can you tell me is there some significance in the letter number combination as in the UK it denotes year of registration or are they just randomly selected.
This question is open to all Springboks by the way (oh! I mentioned that dreaded
5 letter word RUGBY) sorry guys my mistake.
regards,
rob

gregdeklerk

Robgee, the registration plates, are provincial, so each province has its own set of plates. From our system, it is not possible to tell the year of registration like in the UK. In the Western Cape, where I live each city, town or district has its own letter and the numbers are simply what ever number that car is.

For example "CY 4414":

"C" = Cape Province
"Y" = Belville or Durbanville district
"4414" = car # 4414 registered in the Belville district in the Cape Province.

S-Class will tell you that the province in which he lives, Gauteng, has a different system. It is also a simple counting system, but the cars are not registered to districts or towns, but rather the province as a whole.

For example the first plate would begin "BBB 000 GP"
GP = Gauteng Province
BBB 001 = coded system, next plate BBB 001.........BBB 999, next plate BBC 000 etc

Greg