News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

A new w116.org record

Started by oscar, 26 June 2007, 03:35 AM

oscar

I haven't looked at stats for ages but probably will later tonight.  I was just about to jump off the forum when I saw

Most Online Today: 68. Most Online Ever: 68 (Today at 16:07:51)

That's 68 people on at once. A new record, how did it jump that high?  Did somebody send out a flyer?
1973 350SE, my first & fave

crayford

Dame Edna has been doing some advertising on MBCNSW: she sent me here, perhaps she has sent others (between getting into altercations with some of the rather frisky members on there  ::)).

oscar

Oh, I've seen some of Edna's posts and referrals to w116.org.

That's another thread in itself.  Who is Edna Everage and what does she drive?

gregdeklerk

I was part of the record! :D

oscar

Was I there Greg?  If I was I didn't see it, I might have done my usual and walked away for a while whilst logged on.

Can you remember how many members were on, or were they mostly guests?  Just curious :)

Andrew280SEL

Yay! The time says it happened at 4 PM, and I was on at that time.

Funny thing is, I must not of looked at the member count, because if I did I reckon I would've been blown away by the number!
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

oscar

Quote from: Andrew280SEL on 26 June 2007, 07:03 AM
Yay! The time says it happened at 4 PM, and I was on at that time.

How stupid am I!   :P   I should've noted that time.   I was out then and for an hour or two either side. 

Damn, it could've been 69.  Make of that what you will.

gregdeklerk

Quote from: oscar on 26 June 2007, 06:59 AM
Was I there Greg?  If I was I didn't see it, I might have done my usual and walked away for a while whilst logged on.

Can you remember how many members were on, or were they mostly guests?  Just curious :)

I must admit I didn't look at who was on then, it is just that I was on at that time!!

Andrew280SEL

Quote from: oscar on 26 June 2007, 07:22 AM

Damn, it could've been 69.  Make of that what you will.

I'm not that immature!

*snigger* *snigger*

*snort*
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9

Andrew280SEL

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

182 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mforcer, surely your playing tricks?!?!

And i wasn't there... :'(
Well, I was here in spirit  ;)

EDIT: I just noted 51 guests on at the moment. It's pretty obvious where the mass numbers are coming from. I just wanna know what's happening. It's a "guest" invasion, a sudden great mass of hits. This site is becoming increasingly well known. Onward! For the w116 Empire!! ;D
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9

oscar

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!

I can confirm I was part of it but missed it because I did do the usual this time and forgot to log off at about lunch time.

Anyway, unless Edna is  an I.T. person, I doubt she's responsible.  I'm going to say some IT guru and w116 member had to upload software or something and ran thru the building of where they work and put all the workstations on w116.org.  That's my theory ;)

Or maybe WGB and Nathan have been running around a Perth hospital at lunch time putting all the workstations at nurses desk on w116.org  ;D

WGB

Quote from: oscar on 27 June 2007, 01:49 AM
Holy Cow!!!!!!!!

theory ;)

Or maybe WGB and Nathan have been running around a Perth hospital at lunch time putting all the workstations at nurses desk on w116.org  ;D

Now there's a thought.

I think we are up to 28 workstations at the two locations of our Medical Group - maybe I should start logging on at all of them at the same time.

More to the point - are we being invaded by automatic scanners fishing for e-mail addresses?

Bill

s class

With this sudden steep growth I am concerned that we may be under attack from spambots, IP harvesters or such.  I've not seen any increase in spam at my email address, but our corporate firewalling is very good indeed.  Anyone else see problems?

Admin, can you comment - perhaps you can see more stats etc than we can?

On the other hand, maybe it just could be real?

I found out today that one of my colleagues has joined, and yesterday even my dad has joined - welcome pieter266 - maybe we'll convince you to once again become a 116 owner. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Mforcer

All statistics are real. What is there to doubt? ;)

Personally, I don't rely on the stats for much and I don't understand that great interest in them. All I know is that there are too many posts these days for me to read each and every one. This situation commenced in December and continues today. Let's keep it up! ;D
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

oscar

Quote from: Michel on 27 June 2007, 05:17 PM
Check this out

http://forum.w116.org/the-org/you-call-that-a-record/0/

:D
Sorry Michel, but-

Check this out first http://forum.w116.org/the-org/a-new-w116-record/msg26158/#msg26158
I'm not picking on you I swear ;)
but this is what led to the spambot scanner things comments. 

Hopefully we don't get bombarded with the dodgy posts that plagued the MBCNSW forum I'll be happy.  Then again, they'll be deleted in a hurry and I assume IP's can be blocked.  As for spam, I get plenty, most are dealt with automatically. 
The ones that get thru to my inbox are so obviously spam and get deleted. For example, you know the ones "Increase your penis size" etc. 
Well obviously that one has to be spam ;D