Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Specification plate **need help to identify the codes
« Last post by ptashek on 14 September 2021, 08:05 AM »
when/why would anyone ask for the warning triangle to be deleted, I wonder?

Same reason people didn't opt for rear seatbelts - it wasn't required in their target market.
Mechanicals / Re: Windshield Washer Foot Pedal
« Last post by ptashek on 14 September 2021, 08:02 AM »
Foot pedal for windshield washer in a W116? I'm intrigued.
Never heard of such contraption in a W116.

Mechanicals / Re: Windshield Washer Foot Pedal
« Last post by 90077merc on 14 September 2021, 02:26 AM »
Sorry I should have searched the forums first. It is the washer. But I do wonder why it was placed in such a high-priority, hands-free location. I’m imagining traveling at high speeds on the autobahn with sprinkles of rain common it would be very handy.
Mechanicals / Re: WUR full of oil and grime - 280SE 1977
« Last post by Seb on 14 September 2021, 01:52 AM »
I was wondering if the oil was pushing through the vacuum hose, especially because the wur has the large diameter vacuum hose on top. Is there an underlying issue that I need to address to stop this or is it a design flaw? I watched some videos on YouTube of wur reconditioning and none of them were full of oil and dirt so I would assume there actually is a problem on mine that is causing this. I just don’t have a clue what that could be.
« Last post by revilla on 14 September 2021, 01:29 AM »
No. The oil is coming from the vacuum hose that connects to the intake manifold. You can add a ‘T’ in that hose connected to a clear hose and you will see the oil dripping slowly.
Retrofitting and cleaning the WUR won’t take care of the problem. Oil will CERTAINLY come back to the inside of the WUR.
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Specification plate **need help to identify the codes
« Last post by floyd111 on 14 September 2021, 12:52 AM »
when/why would anyone ask for the warning triangle to be deleted, I wonder?
« Last post by Seb on 13 September 2021, 11:21 PM »
Thanks mate!
« Last post by daantjie on 13 September 2021, 11:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I will def rebuild this wur and I know of the guy here in Oz that supplies the correct parts.
So do you think the red oil could be coming from the fuel and all the gritty dirt from a disconnected vacuum line potentially? I want to make sure I won’t have the same issues in the future.
Thanks

I would say yes more than likely.  There is a small o ring in the fuel cell which can leak fuel.  Could also be varnish buildup over the years so might not be a bad idea to go over the fuel system and replace old fuel hoses and so on.  Maybe run some fuel system cleaner through as well.
« Last post by Seb on 13 September 2021, 10:09 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I will def rebuild this wur and I know of the guy here in Oz that supplies the correct parts.
So do you think the red oil could be coming from the fuel and all the gritty dirt from a disconnected vacuum line potentially? I want to make sure I won’t have the same issues in the future.
Thanks
« Last post by daantjie on 13 September 2021, 09:25 PM »
Oof that's nasty :o
Likely you have a leak from the fuel cell inside the WUR.  You can buy rebuild kits on ebay, I think there is actually a guy in Oz selling, kjetbiz I think is the name of the outfit.  Pretty easy if you are halfway competent.  Also good vids on youtube, search under Porsche Warm Up Regulator.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10