Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
The ORG / Re: Restoration shop
« Last post by Randys01 on Yesterday at 07:37 PM »
How 'bout dat?!!

That's   a great story.   Congratulations!
« Last post by rumb on Yesterday at 05:00 PM »
That's fantastic!  Lots of great cars you have there.
« Last post by nathan on Yesterday at 04:08 PM »
good luck JT, the more people who have knowledge about the oldies the better!
The ORG / Restoration shop
« Last post by jtwoods4 on Yesterday at 03:12 PM »
Hey guys I've been a member of the forum for a while. I joined long ago when I purchased my current daily driver which is a 1980 300SD.
This website was an invaluable resource during those early years when I was learning to work on the car. This year I decided to dive in head first and I actually opened a Mercedes diesel restoration shop. We specialize in 1978 to 1995 diesel Mercedes concourse restorations. I just wanted to share my site with everyone. Enjoy.

https://www.woodsandbarclay.com
Test Drive / Re: 6.9 daily driver appraisal
« Last post by Jed on 25 January 2022, 03:00 PM »
 :o

lol
« Last post by daantjie on 25 January 2022, 08:05 AM »
As well, I must say to daily a 6.9 in Portland takes nerves of steel, as I understand you guys get even more rain than we do here in Vancouver, so with no ABS or traction control you really need to be ahead of it 8)
« Last post by rumb on 25 January 2022, 07:14 AM »
« Last post by daantjie on 24 January 2022, 06:19 PM »
« Last post by daantjie on 24 January 2022, 06:10 PM »
Indeed, insurance companies will total a 6.9 in a heartbeat.  You will have to try and get the agreed value as high as you can and even then a good shunt will likely still get it totalled.
Mechanicals / Re: 280s first start after engine swap - Idle extremely high!
« Last post by Steveg75 on 24 January 2022, 05:16 PM »
Thanks all. I think I've partially solved the issue. The red and clear vac line from the switchover valve to the carb were mixed up. That said, I'm not convinced the choke is working correctly i.e. the fast idle cam that controls the choke valve doesn't appear to do anything or offer any sort of resistance.

The carb body is warped, although it does appear to have sealed with new gaskets.

it's the first time I've had the car running. It had been sat for almost 10 years!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10