Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Test Drive / Re: Australian 6.9 sales
« Last post by Randys01 on Yesterday at 11:10 PM »
 I don't think this is an Aus spec vehicle.
Mechanicals / Re: engine oil change on the 6.9
« Last post by nathan on Yesterday at 06:09 PM »
Thanks Jan!

sorry, the link above is correct!
the other link was one I made after replacing the voltage regulator in my Gwagens alternator!

regards from Australia
Nathan
Auto Torque / Re: W124 polycarbonate/perspex headlight covers
« Last post by Nabstud on Yesterday at 04:52 PM »
My W116 came with a set when I bought it. Brand is Aunger, part number HLP 5487. Hope that helps your search.
Auto Torque / W124 polycarbonate/perspex headlight covers
« Last post by ptashek on Yesterday at 04:06 PM »
I've spotted some polycarbonate/perspex headlight covers on a W124 for sale recently. Someone else told me they were made by a company in Australia a few years back. Have you guys seen anything like these on the local market? I'd be game for two pre-facelift pairs if anyone has a source and the cost is within reason!

« Last post by Jan S on Yesterday at 03:35 PM »
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Water accumulation
« Last post by raueda1 on Yesterday at 03:10 PM »
Likely spots are taillight seals as well as trunk seal.  Also check fuel filler drain hose while you're in there.  Also a good opportunity to remove and grease up the Hirschman antenna unit if fitted.
I think maybe a perished rear window gasket can also leak into the trunk.  I should replace mine but it sounds like a horrific job.
« Last post by daantjie on Yesterday at 10:42 AM »
I think the first link is not correct?
Mechanicals / engine oil change on the 6.9
« Last post by nathan on Yesterday at 04:12 AM »
hi guys, with a hoist at home now, I can do some stuff I wouldn't normally as im too old to lie under a car!  I recently did a coolant, engine oil, and trans oil change on the 6.9. 
I made a short vid if of help to anyone.

the oil change on a 6.9 is a bit different to standard non dry sump motors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrmK04JwrXQ

the coolant change is still messy with a hoist, hats off if you do this on jack stands!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRRM_ELl4k&t=180s

regards
Nathan
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Water accumulation
« Last post by JeffCullen on 10 May 2021, 06:19 PM »
I cleaned and blew out my fuel filler drain hose and did both tail light seals (that was an expensive eBay NOS journey), but my right trunk well kept getting wet until I did the fuel filler neck gasket (also an expensive eBay NOS journey). That sorted it. The old one was pretty loose and gnarly. P/N 1079972481. There appear to be some reasonably priced ones in Latvia now...
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Becker mexico belt replacement
« Last post by floyd111 on 10 May 2021, 03:55 AM »
I think you should start with listing your exact machine type and then look for specific manuals online.
I just tried the first of many sites for you and it works without tricks, this one.
But, there are many others.
https://elektrotanya.com/becker_mexico-2000-cc_1430_1431_1432_1433_1434_1435_1436_1450_1451_full.pdf/download.html#dl

Once you have the manual, you should have either the full description or even better, the part number, that should give you more leads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10