Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Shop / Re: WTB front armrest
« Last post by hamidagha on Today at 10:45 AM »
Where did you get it from? My 1979 280SE doesn't have a centre armrest (also a rhd) and old really like to install one. Does anyone know how easy/challenging that would be?

There are lots on line from the expensive to the outrageously priced. As said you have to make sure to which seat it has to be fitted. The trim on the back of the seat has to come off and for that it is easier to take the seat out. Then you are looking for a set of holes that match the mounting plate of the armrest.

I’m going to start saving 😩
Shop / Re: WTB front armrest
« Last post by marku on Today at 08:17 AM »
Where did you get it from? My 1979 280SE doesn't have a centre armrest (also a rhd) and old really like to install one. Does anyone know how easy/challenging that would be?

There are lots on line from the expensive to the outrageously priced. As said you have to make sure to which seat it has to be fitted. The trim on the back of the seat has to come off and for that it is easier to take the seat out. Then you are looking for a set of holes that match the mounting plate of the armrest. 
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Headrest Foam Insert
« Last post by 90077merc on Today at 08:07 AM »
I love that color!!!
Test Drive / Re: 6.9 Aftermarket Wheels
« Last post by Eyeman on Today at 07:48 AM »
Your suggestion that weight makes 6.9 wheels different seems off to me.  I looked it up, looks like 6.9s weigh around 400 lbs or 10% more, and I didn't even bother to look up diesels.  So I'd think any wheels would be fine.  Lorinser made plenty of choices.
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Rear seat padding
« Last post by ptashek on Today at 05:43 AM »
All things considered, it's a decent price. Nice of KHM to expand the range.
Interiors & Exteriors / Rear seat padding
« Last post by Max-NL on Today at 03:54 AM »
Not sure if it's been discussed before, but it seems that KHM decided to reproduce the horse hair padding for the rear seat, both seat base and backrest. Albeit at a bit of a premium in my opinion, but it's better than NLA.

https://cabrio.de/en/interiors-khm/padding-panels/mercedes-benz-1/116/seat-cushion-rear-seat-116-detail
https://cabrio.de/en/interiors-khm/padding-panels/mercedes-benz-1/116/seat-back-cushion-rear-seat-116-detail
Shop / Re: 6.9 Spark plug tool
« Last post by Max-NL on Today at 03:36 AM »
The socket has part number A1005810067, but as far as I could find out the t-handle / extension has no Mercedes part number. Perhaps a tool number from the manufacturer (I think Heyco) but I can't find it.
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Sekurit glass codes mystery
« Last post by ptashek on Today at 12:40 AM »
Most likely:

Sekurit = manufacturer
TP = tempered
GS = Glass
78 = made in 1978
240 002 = model code for the glass pane

Albeit I'd expect to see a proper DOT code.
Test Drive / Re: My new 450sel
« Last post by Flogrates on Yesterday at 09:22 PM »
Hello everyone, long time no post.

I've been working 6/7 days a week and spending my free time setting my ute up for camping so I haven't touched the Merc in a long time.

But today that changed, I didn't take any photos till the end but I've been working on the clock, cruise control and air box.

Clock - this was super simple, I just banged some new caps on it and it's apoles now

Cc - this was a lot harder, and really tested me, I changed 2 caps but accidentally bridged a cap to a resistor and had a hell of time fixing my cock up. Hopefully the caps will fix it, if not my reading tells me it's likely the relays in which case I'll probably try and buy another one.

Air box
So I half assed this and paid for it. Didn't sand jr enough and accidentally bought a far to matte black.

I went back over what I'd done with a orbital, I rant out of sand paper and gave up, but I do actually have a photo of where I left it .

I need to get some 120 grit for the cracks, 240 for the orbital and locate some gloss heat paint for it.
Mechanicals / Re: Good Mechanics in Seattle, WA?
« Last post by Mattr on Yesterday at 07:42 PM »
hey @jazumwalt, let me know if you have any luck on this. I've been in the SEA area for about 2 years and I'm still using MBI in Portland for any specialized needs on my '79 W116. I've found a couple shops willing to work on the older diesels but none that are excited to/specialize in them. I'm running into more and more parts that are no longer easily available and it's nice to have a shop that has multiple avenues to source 3rd party/used parts from, just wish they were closer.

I'm fairly sure I called German Auto Center and they weren't thrilled about working on an old diesel, but I may be confusing them with another. Worth another call.
Once my 450SE is back up/running and no longer a lift queen (hopefully mid/late June), I'll be letting people use my garage/lift for service, if you're the kind that likes doing their own wrenching. That's open to anybody in the Pacific North West. Just shoot me a message for info.

Also, while I don't have diesel parts, I do have a supply of random interior/exterior parts and such that I'm happy to sell for cheap (er than ebay). Keep me in mind if you come up with something you really can't find. I'm more interested in keeping cars on the road and de-populating my garage of the mountain of parts I possess (without just throwing everything away, like I have been) than getting rich off them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10