Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Shop / Re: Crusty '79 Euro 6.9 at MercedesSource
« Last post by daantjie on 24 October 2021, 10:24 PM »
Price drop to $9500.  Still too much for this one methinks.
Mechanicals / Re: What have you done for your W116 today?
« Last post by Mick74 on 24 October 2021, 02:31 PM »
400 miles on a tank is a fantasy for me. The best I've seen is 306, and that was stretching it.
I think it's a good idea to photo milestones on our odometers. I took one last Christmas eve at 120k miles, so I reckon that I'll do the same this year. I have the car just over 3 years and have done almost 10k miles, so she's reasonable active.

Today I pulled the height adjustment lever to see does it work. It does, with what I described as sudden brutal efficiency. Not entirely sure if it will go back though. I also patted my car and asked her how she was. Does that count?

I won't follow Buki's example and list the jobs that need doing as I'm going to bed in 2 hours, so I don't have enough time!
But I have some work planned and will give an update on that when it happens.
Mechanicals / Re: 6.9 K-jetronic rough and high idle cold start
« Last post by Jan S on 24 October 2021, 11:19 AM »
Yesterday I replaced all 8 injectors inclusive the rubber seatings.

They had to go - old and rubber seatings were stone hard.

I tested them with a borrowed tester - both new and old. Spray patterns were fairly ok, but half of them leaked and had a tendency to squirt instead of a "fine shower". New injectors were fine.

Unfortunately the tester had a diesel gauge 0-3000 psi - impossible to check release pressure in the range 3.5-4.5 bar. Good enough for now.

Car started immediately. But rough idle cold is still there. Cleaning cooling system and replacing thermostat this week. Then the newly inspected, tested and cleaned AVV will work as it's supposed to.

Test Drive / Re: Video of my 6.9
« Last post by nathan on 24 October 2021, 05:39 AM »
Excellent eyeman, sounds like it will be gleaming again!  keep us posted, especially during the paint process

regards
Nathan
Mechanicals / Re: Views on this 280se ?
« Last post by Randys01 on 23 October 2021, 07:02 PM »
Take flight!!
Mechanicals / Re: Good source for ACC Amps?
« Last post by daantjie on 23 October 2021, 07:39 AM »
Yup I think I might go the Programa route.  Still a chunk for what it is :'(
Just tried ordering, man their website is horrendous...
Mechanicals / Re: Seeking 450sel 6.9 wiper fluid reservoir
« Last post by Jed on 23 October 2021, 05:09 AM »
msullivan,

please let us know, were you able to get one or is it nla?

thanks
jed
Mechanicals / Re: Good source for ACC Amps?
« Last post by Jed on 23 October 2021, 05:05 AM »
Too bad a bout george,  His company made many good products across several MB models.

I have also bought from programa a couple times without issues. They used to sell on eBay without the core charge.

Mechanicals / Re: ACC Thumbwheel adjustment tool
« Last post by daantjie on 22 October 2021, 09:21 PM »
OK I had a frosty and went back to it ;D  Got it dialed in.  My trick is to use a small box cutter and apply a very thin smear of my good ol' dialectric grease to the blade.  This then allows the wheel to slip whilst you (kind of) hold the geared teeth.  I am assuming the special tool has cut - outs to grab the teeth better, so it takes some patience with my method, but for sure the trick is some lube, as without it the wheel tends to bind to the blade and then the blood pressure starts rising... :o
Test Drive / Re: My new 450sel
« Last post by Flogrates on 22 October 2021, 08:41 PM »
After some more investigation, I believe I have found the cause.

The end of the cable has a slight bend, that I would say is pushing the sun roof up.

In the process of finding this, I lost the clip that holds the cable to the sun roof, threaded one of the lock out screws on the sunroof and got the headliner greasey, so I give up for today. Sigh :-[
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10