Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Shop / 6.9 Spark plug tool
« Last post by Max-NL on Today at 05:59 AM »
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm looking for a tool from the tool kit of a 6.9, the spark plug tool. I already have the socket for the spark plug, but I still need the t-handle / swivel extension for it. As far as I can tell it was only supplied to the 600, 6.3 and 6.9 - the rest has a different style of spark plug tool - so finding it isn't exactly easy.

It's the red circled parts that I need, I already have the green circled part.
Interiors & Exteriors / Re: Sekurit glass codes mystery
« Last post by 90077merc on Yesterday at 07:10 PM »
Might the glass code refer to the color? And we are sharing auto glass with a VW Fox?*GASP* lol. Sorry I’m two Negronis in at the local bar. >:(
Interiors & Exteriors / Sekurit glass codes mystery
« Last post by floyd111 on Yesterday at 06:25 PM »
Sekurit TP GS 78 240 002 is what i see on a w116 rear side window.
I was wondering about the color, which is not clear, nor green. More of a clear light brown, actually.
I google that code, and get hits for R107(ok), but also for VW and Audi, side-rear windows.
Those last 2 cars couldn't be using the very same pane, can they?
Mechanicals / Re: engine oil change on the 6.9
« Last post by nathan on Yesterday at 08:00 AM »
I like the sound of the PT.  I didnt think well enough about lighting. I should have had upthrowing lights under the hoist, and one power point to plug in below the car. 
Mechanicals / Re: Bubbles in engine oil
« Last post by raueda1 on Yesterday at 07:57 AM »
Nice outcome. Did you use the same oil?

I would have thought the oil would leak out the seals under pressure rather than bubble the oil.
Same oil, Castrol GTX 20W-40. I think some others here use it as well.  The car doesn't really leak, just a couple small drips.  In fact, the car didn't lose any oil at all since rebuilding last year and 6000 miles ago.  There are a couple mildly drippy struts.  Struts will be rebuilt very soon which should solve that.  Interestingly all the drips seemed to decline with more driving.
Shop / Re: WTB front armrest
« Last post by ptashek on Yesterday at 05:08 AM »
Where did you get it from? My 1979 280SE doesn't have a centre armrest (also a rhd) and old really like to install one. Does anyone know how easy/challenging that would be?

The mount points are there from factory. The problem is that some earlier cars had it mounted on the driver seat (RHD), while the vast majority on the passenger seat. Installation involves modifications to the plastic side trim, and cutting a hole in the seat cushion for the shaft. After that it's trivial - a couple bolts and you're done.

If you're driving longer distances, the armrest is a great thing tho have.
« Last post by ptashek on Yesterday at 05:02 AM »
Interestingly, pits are not so easy to do 'officially'. they are deemed more dangerous as fumes/exhausts and so on collect in these and you have to have engineered ventilation!

I guess it's down to local building codes. Nobody cared in Ireland. I have a carbon monoxide alarm in mine, and a dehumidifier which also acts as an "air pusher arounder"  ;D Later this year I plan on adding explosion-proof LED lights in the pit too. I already have close to 500W of LEDs on the ceiling. Such a pleasure to work in proper lighting.
« Last post by nathan on Yesterday at 02:35 AM »
Interestingly, pits are not so easy to do 'officially'. they are deemed more dangerous as fumes/exhausts and so on collect in these and you have to have engineered ventilation!  a hoist is a bit easier, if not expensive. anyway, my spine is every so pleased. as is my wife, as I no longer need to smell like blue coolant!
Shop / Re: WTB front armrest
« Last post by hamidagha on 13 May 2021, 11:58 PM »
Where did you get it from? My 1979 280SE doesn't have a centre armrest (also a rhd) and old really like to install one. Does anyone know how easy/challenging that would be?
Mechanicals / Re: Bubbles in engine oil
« Last post by Nabstud on 13 May 2021, 11:33 PM »
Nice outcome. Did you use the same oil?

I would have thought the oil would leak out the seals under pressure rather than Hubble the oil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10