News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

WUR

Started by TNNBENZ, 20 November 2021, 01:10 PM

TNNBENZ

Is the diaphragm plate on a WUR the small plate on bottom of WUR ? It may be the double diaphragm fasten plate ?
     Also is a gasket required to install the WUR to the engine ?
Neglected ~ Rescued ~ 1977 450SEL 4.5L  U.S.A. ver.
Project of Compassion ~ Respect
Silver Green Metallic / Toast
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

Randys01

There is no gasket between the WUR and the mount on the motor....indeed it is reliant on the heat to warm up the WUR.
Now as for the diaphragm  I don't know what you mean?
By the way...there is no way you will get the fuel pressure right without a Test Gauge....and the chart of values.
Have you opened Pandora's box?  or is still in tact.?

TNNBENZ

Quote from: Randys01 on 20 November 2021, 07:36 PM
There is no gasket between the WUR and the mount on the motor....indeed it is reliant on the heat to warm up the WUR.
Now as for the diaphragm  I don't know what you mean?
By the way...there is no way you will get the fuel pressure right without a Test Gauge....and the chart of values.
Have you opened Pandora's box?  or is still in tact.?
I have a 1977 & 1979 WUR.   I opened them both but other than check the ohms in each warm up strip that is all I have done.  Ohms checked within specs !!! I have a fuel system tester for C I S Mercedes 1976 & up, and a refresh kit for the 1977. The old gasket definitely looked dried up. There s a good looking one in kit, from Kbiz in Australia.  I have a factory Benz M117 manual. Will these work for the fuel pressure regulation ? Hopefully you can help with the fuel calibration if these work !!!
     I had considered asking on forum if there was a way to clean WUR without taking all the parts apart.  I did see a guy say he had a hard time getting his right after doing a rebuild on a youtube video. He may have mofified his to supposedly be adjustable.   Some of all I have seen & read gets a little confusing because I have been researching this restart/restore for a year............
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

Randys01

Pulling a WUR apart is chapter in its own right. :o
You either become full bottle on them and forensically pull it down..replace..etc OR for the time being leave well enuff alone. Unless it is really stuffed it will work of a fashion.
That's the trouble with these babes..they will work faithfully for years, slowly degrading but still working. It's when you want them a 100pc the fun begins.

The CIS tester is all you'll need. The workshop manual should cover the procedure inc the fuel pressure tables.

TNNBENZ

Quote from: Randys01 on 23 November 2021, 10:24 PM
Pulling a WUR apart is chapter in its own right. :o
You either become full bottle on them and forensically pull it down..replace..etc OR for the time being leave well enuff alone. Unless it is really stuffed it will work of a fashion.
That's the trouble with these babes..they will work faithfully for years, slowly degrading but still working. It's when you want them a 100pc the fun begins.

The CIS tester is all you'll need. The workshop manual should cover the procedure inc the fuel pressure tables.
Good advice to follow. I will just use new gasket and maybe clean a little, plus, I am running out of time !!!
Then hopefully car will at least start !!!
I am a bit of a perfectionist & hate doing things twice.  This is why I get carried away and overdo some jobs when I should slow down & relax & see what happens........ :P Difficult to know when to stop sometimes.......
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

Randys01

" Nothing is invented and perfected at the same time".......you will come to understand the wisdom of these words as you work your way thru the mire.!