News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Workshop Manuals for Euro 1975 280SE in English?

Started by wacotech, 26 September 2012, 02:43 PM

wacotech

Hello everyone, I am new here, already had a good read over the last few weeks - thanks, i learnt a few good tips.

Workshop Manuals for Euro 1975 280SE in English?

I am beginiing to notice that most of the workshop manuals around, in English, are for the USA market and I think they never had the early version of the 280SE which came with d-jetronic and some other differences.

I have the 1975 280se with d-jet which i think was introduced in 1972.

Does anyone know if English workshop manuals exist for this year of car with d-jet?

Many Thanks

ptashek

Manual as in workshop manual, or owner's manual?
If owner's manual then this will cover a euro spec 280se: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/140855826416
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

wacotech

I have edited my post now -

Workshop Manuals is what I meant.

ptashek

Quote from: wacotech on 28 September 2012, 01:09 PM
I have edited my post now -

Workshop Manuals is what I meant.

You can buy workshop manuals from Mercedes Classic Centre in paper form, or on eBay on a CD. Whether the eBay ones are legit is another question.
There's definitely ones in German that cover all the W116 models (and markets), so chances are an English version exists as well: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170904824036

Try contacting the good folks at the classic centre. They're quite helpful, albeit slow to respond.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

wacotech

Thanks for the tips, will look into it.

But isn't the CD you can buy online the same as what is on this site?
because it only covers the 280se 1975 onwards.

I have ordered a CD and i am hoping it actually covers the 280 SE from 1972 onwards.

this is what i ordered: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230850784330

marku

The CD from the Classic Centre appears to be the same as the forum manual - I have one. I don't think that there are any manuals available from the centre those that they had were very old stock and appear now to have been cleared. There is very little W116 material as I would very much like a M117 engine manual. The only manuals in English generally available appear to be US and occasionally pop up on Ebay you just have to keep looking. You can always print off the info you need. If a D-Jet manual would be of use PM me an email address and I will send you a pdf.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

wacotech

thanks for info.
I have the d-jet pdf book/manual, thanks.
I need to find out if the w116/m110 Euro model went to the UK? or any other english speaking country - america didn't officially get this model epecially the 72-75 w116's.
There seems to be a hole in the manuals OR is the same information covered by other manuals for different cars with the same parts?

marku

Is that the Bosch one? That seems to be the one most have. I also have an early Mercedes one that deals with it extensively including a lot of troubleshooting and setting up. 
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

wacotech

Yeah, I am going to rip out the d-jet stuff soon and replace with MegaSquirt anyway, eventually doing a complete fuel & ignition replacement. Mainly to avoid relying on expensive hard to get d-jet parts if things should fail and also to increase fuel consumption. Hoping with a well done fuel & ignition maps in MSextra will reduce fuel consumption by up to 30% and increase power when needed and all be a lot smootheras well.

pdfmanuals44

mrkozzy

DELETE.    Replied to the post before I realised how old it was originally.  Altho I wouldn't mind a copy myself.

MrKozzy

Taha

Hi,

Anybody can help me to find a workshop manual that covers all the information related to a Euro W116 280S 1978 model? I need wiring diagram, owners manual, carburetor diagrams (later models with 3 electric valves) and ignition timing info. The engine is 110.922
I bought 2 manuals from mbmanuals.com and servicemanuals.online and they were all for US versions and similar to the one available in the library. Thanks in advance.
1978 280S