News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Wiring Hirschmann universal antenna to 79 450SEL

Started by Sonch, 07 June 2020, 03:19 PM

raueda1

Quote from: Sonch on 16 June 2020, 01:56 PM
@ Taha, here you go!

I actually got in there and got the old one working again, but was still rickety and on its last legs. I also heard that it would have a good chance of it failing again so went with the new universal replacement.

Which, @raueda1, is a non-starter for your high integrity/perfectionism bar lol. Not sure what you mean by the wiring, because I am using the original wire harness with pin terminal back to car. Are you talking about using Mercedes-specific wiring butt connectors in splicing to the new wires on the replacement? Not feeling the need to go there. . .
LOL, very nice, but don't give me too much credit for perfectionism/originality/intergiry bar.  Anyway, the result is basically what I was talking about.  The connector is visible in the trunk though the spade lugs etc aren't after the side panel is back on.  That's really all I meant.  Couldn't see that from orig pix.  I've seen some unnecessarily ugly hook ups. 

Anyway, nice work.  As you've probably discovered by now, lots of dead horses get beaten here.  ::)
-Dave
Now:  1976 6.9 Euro, 2015 GL550
Before that:  1966 230S, 1964 220SE coupe, 1977 Carrera 3.0

floyd111

Quote from: Sonch on 26 June 2020, 07:54 PM
@floyd111 I think this thread is running off the rails a bit.

I find that happening with my brain quite frequently as well, so better to check! ;D