News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Wiper switch intermittent problem - resolved

Started by ckamila, 23 November 2012, 01:49 AM

ckamila

Hello - Have a 300SD with strange intermittent wiper action or no action with buzzing sound coming from either the relay (? near left foot, LHD) or wiper/indicator switch while driving - hard to tell which. Also pressing on the end of the wiper switch will usually spray fluid but wiper action is often not followed.

Second issue that maybe related is rear right-hand turn signal is intermittent too - dash indicator show double fast blink. Previously the bulb was not making good contact. Replaced with new bulb and worked for a while and now it's back to intermittent status.
Found rear flasher problem to be poor connection at rear bulb socket - still need to rap on tail light to make it work after bending the tab and cleaning the connection points.

thanks,

chris
If it's not broke i haven't fix it yet...

1980 300SD, 170K
1985 300D, 235K

ckamila

Intermittent wiper issue due to relay not properly seated - could see pins not fully engaged in plug.

That being said, the wiper relay is in a tough spot to reach let alone see with out pulling the speaker and heater hose. I could not find the location but just pulled each relay or plug until discovering it's location - suspended from a bracket high and to the left of everything else.

I must have pulled wiper relay when replacing all the rubber vacuum Y-connectors last spring when i had everything out rehabbing the airbox.

chris
If it's not broke i haven't fix it yet...

1980 300SD, 170K
1985 300D, 235K