News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Wiper Control Knob and Washer Solvent Operation

Started by gberger, 17 May 2007, 01:39 PM

gberger

My First Setting on my twisting left stick does not work in first click.  It will work in II and III but now I.  And my Washer Solvent sprayers are not working.  Is this a relay?  If so which one and where is it found?

I am the proud owner of a 1980 300 SD Turbo Diesel W116.  I found the vehicle in Palm Desert California in 2006.  I have gradually restored the vehicle mechanically and appearance wise back to original OEM.

john skene

Have someone activate the windscreen washer when you have the water delivery tube off to see if the small pump is working. If no water comes out run a wire from the battery to the pump to check if it's a pump problem or a switch problem.

BAR

Another thing to inspect:

Had a similar problem with mine a year or two back.  Whilst the motor worked, I didn't get any water at the spray nozzles.  I noticed that all the water was pumping out of the pump motor and straight onto the ground.  The PVC material where the hose attached to the pump had hardened and cracked.  Nett result, replace the pump, which I did with a cheap and nasty japanese unit from the local car accessories shop.  Had to fit it against the side of the vehicle and not under the water bottle, but it still works and I expect that it will last longer in its new location.