News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Winter fix

Started by kastad, 11 December 2011, 12:29 PM

kastad

Earlier this year I removed the injectors from my 73-model 280SE euro with D-jet. I was suspecting one of the injectors malfunctioning as too many horsepower seemed to be locked in the trunk or something and also a spark plug running wet too often. I checked the spray pattern with a Bosch EFAW tester and yes, there it was. One of the injectors was first just leaking, then not spraying at all. As fixing injectors back here in Norway isn't possible, I had to surf this forum to discover "motor man" (injectors4u.com) He could fix the injector at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, after checking it, he said it was too damaged. But he could provide me with a new one(refurbished that is) at a reasonable price. 50 USD. When back again I should install the new one, but of course the old hoses in one of my other injectors cracked while installing. Then I did what I should have done from the start. I sent the remaining 5 injectors over to Michigan and now this is what I'm about to install  8) :

https://picasaweb.google.com/103127577754466252327/Injector

The black one is actually the new one, the 5 nice ones are the reconditioned. I'll see when I can install the injectors as working outdoor right now is kinda cold. (I don't bother getting the car to a workshop when it isn't running.)

I hope to have it back running shortly after christmas, but I have a little one at home who takes most of my time.  :D

Happy christmas from Norway!

PS One of my christmas wishes is a new hood star as some bastards broke it while I had the car at a garage. We'll see!

Hemersam

Glaedelig Jul, Kastad, og en Godt Nytaar.
Hemersam

kastad

tusen takk! jeg er imponert, hamersham!