News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Windshield Seal Where to buy

Started by gerardoparedes, 11 February 2010, 09:35 AM

gerardoparedes

Guys, its raining on Here and i found out my front winshield seal is leaking, and i mean seriously leaking, about three streaks come down from above the windshield. 

I have read some bad stores aboud some Üro rubbers of underpar quality, i would like your opinion on which seal to buy and from Whom?

Adsitco; GermanStar, on Which brand?

Please advise

zedster

1979 450 SEL "Spinne Blaue"

gerardoparedes

Apparently they dont have the Front Winshield seal for a Mercedes 280S 1976

benzjarr

Not sure where you are but this is a good web site based out of California
http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com/

I got new seals for my 450sel for $45 U.S dollars and the have free shipping if your order is large enough 

citymunky

I have to buy one too, mine is leaking at the bottom right in front to the speaker in the dash.

Andreas

I just bought an original from the mb dealership. They know me well so i got a good price still double more than aftermarket though. I tried some aftermarket ones her in Australia. But the rubber is a little harder. Still worked on the car but the original one is better but still not as good as the original ones made 30 years ago.

Cheers

Andreas
78 450 SEL Parting out
78 450 SEL Saving for parts
79 450 SEL 6.9  #5332
77 450 SEL 6.9 Euro # 1696
77 450 SEL 6.9 Euro #1577
78 450 SEL 6.9  # 4172
76 280 S     Manual Parting
80 280 SE  Possible Parts Car
74 350 SLC  Thinking converting to race

koan

Quote from: Andreas on 21 February 2010, 06:38 AM
Still worked on the car but the original one is better but still not as good as the original ones made 30 years ago.

I had a non original seal but bought an OEM for recent windscreen replacement, agree with you regarding quality, join is a bit ordinary.

For anyone in Melbourne needing a windscreen I can recommend a professional who cares about his work and will go out of his way for a good job.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!